Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Successful, maybe, but, good? Guess that depends on the definition of a good hunt, eh? ;)

Anyway, sort of a clad park today. Guess what I found. ;)

2014 (712).jpg
2014 (706).jpg

What were these things again? :icon_scratch:

2014 (707).jpg

Did they ever make iron arrowheads? :dontknow:

2014 (708).jpg

A couple "eyeball" finds.

2014 (709).jpg

My ride. Kinda classy!

2014 (710).jpg

Don't know what "BFC" is but,

2014 (711).jpg

at least Blingie and Fishy seem content.

2014 (713).jpg
2014 (714).jpg
2014 (715).jpg

Oh yeah, I almost forgot this. After I got this hit I had to back up two feet
and pick up my headphones. It was near the surface, super loud and a perfect
trashcan lid hit! So, I dug it anyway. :dontknow:

It appears to be solid brass and it weighs in at a hefty full pound!

What's the price of scrap brass nowadays? :)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 8

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing you are wondering about is for holding slate roofs on..I forget the name
As Treblehunter he knows since hes and old roofer...lol
Glad to see you getting out..
George

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting. Did not see ant British Air Corps near your finds look.
More interesting is wings on a lot of badges are flying/pointed up. Your finds wings seem to be diving downward like a bomber or parachutist ....:dontknow:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing you are wondering about is for holding slate roofs on..I forget the name
As Treblehunter he knows since hes and old roofer...lol
Glad to see you getting out..
George

WOW! How many of these heavy things did they use to hold on a roof?! That would get very heavy, very quickly! LOL

Thanks!

Ya know, I was beginning to wonder where everybody went? Haven't seen anything from cjon, old dude, you, msbeepbeep,treblehunter?

Last edited:

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say if you got you out of the house for a while, and kept you from watching some of the stupid junk that's on TV anymore. Plus had a good time in doing so, I say they are Awesome finds.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Did not see ant British Air Corps near your finds look.
More interesting is wings on a lot of badges are flying/pointed up. Your finds wings seem to be diving downward like a bomber or parachutist ....:dontknow:

I have no clue what it's from. For all I know it came off a shoe. There's a lil velcro like band attached to the back. :dontknow:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say if you got you out of the house for a while, and kept you from watching some of the stupid junk that's on TV anymore. Plus had a good time in doing so, I say they are Awesome finds.

Oh yeah, there are LOTS of things worse than these hunts. Just getting a little tired of working so hard for clad. Ya know? It happens. :dontknow:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got tons of those dang things, every time I dig one, I want to pound sand:BangHead:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! How many of these heavy things did they use to hold on a roof?! That would get very heavy, very quickly! LOL

Thanks!

Ya know, I was beginning to wonder where everybody went? Haven't seen anything from cjon, old dude, you, msbeepbeep,treblehunter?
No not that thing, the second pic, the square thingy with the post coming out of it, actually they were used for siding and roofing. They ring ,mostly, like a Lincoln.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm around....just nothing worth posting, lol. Going on a little trip to visit relatives for a week, so probably won't be posting for awhile. Hope everyone is busy and I have lots of reading to catch up on when I get back.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a good hunt; I didn't get stung or bit, I at least found a few interesting things, didn't have heat stroke, enjoyed at least moments of it, the thrill of the unknown is still there, no flat tire or vehicle breaking down, found some clad towards my batteries or something on the dollar menu, no problems with sudden nature breaks, the list goes on and on. it is a perspective thing but some hunts are definitely a whole lot better than others. what some of us might call a great hunt, others would shake their heads but it is still ours to determine for our own. off hand, it looked to be a good hunt but I am sure that you would have preferred a better hunt.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a good hunt; I didn't get stung or bit, I at least found a few interesting things, didn't have heat stroke, enjoyed at least moments of it, the thrill of the unknown is still there, no flat tire or vehicle breaking down, found some clad towards my batteries or something on the dollar menu, no problems with sudden nature breaks, the list goes on and on. it is a perspective thing but some hunts are definitely a whole lot better than others. what some of us might call a great hunt, others would shake their heads but it is still ours to determine for our own. off hand, it looked to be a good hunt but I am sure that you would have preferred a better hunt.

I think that Paul Simon summed it up best, "A good day, ain't got no rain. A bad day is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." :)

Thanks!

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any time out finding more than pull tabs and bottle caps, is a good day. i cant wait till i save up enough to get a new machine. got something like 60 miles of coast line to explore here in N.C. HH

Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The big heavy thing you found looks like part of a die from a hydraulic pipe bender. We called them "Shoes" when I used to build custom exhaust systems. If you Google " hydraulic exhaust tubing bender" you will see what I'm talking about.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice interesting finds! Blingie likes the thing that had a "B" on it! Your good!

I'm still living and breathing just net-less! Having trouble sneaking off to DD in the mornings for free WiFi! Lol!
You won't believe where I am now, using free Wi Fi- hospital ER with son, possible hernia and no ins! Never a dull moment in this life!

Have pics on I pad from last Sundays hunt will try to post later.
One cool thing, my grandson thought my musket ball was cool, he wants me to find him one! It only took me 24 years to find this one! I may just give him this one!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice interesting finds! Blingie likes the thing that had a "B" on it! Your good!

I'm still living and breathing just net-less! Having trouble sneaking off to DD in the mornings for free WiFi! Lol!
You won't believe where I am now, using free Wi Fi- hospital ER with son, possible hernia and no ins! Never a dull moment in this life!

Have pics on I pad from last Sundays hunt will try to post later.
One cool thing, my grandson thought my musket ball was cool, he wants me to find him one! It only took me 24 years to find this one! I may just give him this one!

Yep, the only constant in this life is change. :dontknow:
Just gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other and repeat for as long as we can.

You have my prayers, hope they help.

Thanks!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you much appreciated, hopefully he will be fine.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes a good hunt. The odds are with you when you stay at it. I was reading some old threads here from like 2006 and people were saying things were hunted out back then and then just look at what all has been posted since then. You are a good hunter and you and your coil will find it. :thumbsup:
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread