Buttons and other relics the past week or two.

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett 350 Garrett pinpointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still trying to find out what time period this area I have been searching was inhabited. There obviously was a building there at one time but no one from the family remembers it being mentioned, and the family has been living here since 1860 something. There is history of an old ordinary in the area but we do not know if it was on the farm or not. I am trying to find out if it may have been at this location. Any way these are my latest finds that May be of intrest. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

If anyone has any information I don't know what the stuff in picture 2,3, and 5 are. Picture 6 is a buckle on a bent up horse shoe I wonder what the story behind that was.

Upvote 4

ekeisler

Apr 6, 2013
Love the eagle buttons. By the look of those flat buttons, I would say those are from the early 1800s. Great finds!

OP
OP
VaNana

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the eagle buttons. By the look of those flat buttons, I would say those are from the early 1800s. Great finds!

Thank you. That is getting a little closer to the time period I am looking for.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like that flat button , is unusual for them to have any decorations, generally all I have found except one are plain and it is my very best button !

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice buttons, I see buttons as a reflection of the person wearing them, some were obviously more grand than others but for them to survive this long and someone like you to find them...cool

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece in pic 5 looks like it might be a broken piece of a Victorian era sash buckle. Nice finds. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
VaNana

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like that flat button , is unusual for them to have any decorations, generally all I have found except one are plain and it is my very best button !
I am beginning to really like buttons. It is amazing how many were lost.

OP
OP
VaNana

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice buttons, I see buttons as a reflection of the person wearing them, some were obviously more grand than others but for them to survive this long and someone like you to find them...cool
Thanks dirtlooter I can picture the people who lost those buttons standing or sitting on horses where I found them.

OP
OP
VaNana

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The piece in pic 5 looks like it might be a broken piece of a Victorian era sash buckle. Nice finds. :thumbsup:

Thanks Evolution! I thought that it may be some sort of buckle or part of a medal that had a ribbon. You are probably right. It is very thin and brittle now.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am beginning to really like buttons. It is amazing how many were lost.

Here is that button found the picture, hope you enjoy =)
my fav button.JPG my fav button back view.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread