Trash hidden bling...Platinum ?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Spent a couple hours this morning at island lake state park. Some of the picnic areas are..well a trash pit, no better way to describe them. I put on the 5inch coil I picked up with my cz, even with it on so many overlapping targets..sheesh, but I love a challenge. I dug a ton of trash not pictured, and a bunch of shell casings.
I prevailed at the horseshoe pits, in digging a bottle cap signal, I re checked the hole then out popped a tiny little padlock..with diamonds or cz's I'm guessing diamonds since the only marking on it is 950 and I think that is platinum!..so yeah that made me pretty stoked to find . for as small as it is, it is very heavy.
View attachment 1055951

Mike

Upvote 11

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice save there, congrats ! Haven't found any platinum yet here that I could keep at least =D

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never dug a platinum target. Congratulations Mike!

If you can find the time, I'd love to see closeups front and back of the little padlock!

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know Platinum is one of the only things better then finding yellow gold,if it is platinum that would be quite a nugget you have there!congratulations

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in the process of trying to clean it, I'm not sure it is plat. but I'll have to go crazy in the kitchen to find out as it is sitting in the garbage disposer...I know n00b move.

Mike
I was reading something on platinum and from what I remember reading it was used for allot of stuff besides jewelry.I remember something stating that you would be surprised the things that where made out of it.

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find! Do you have a close-up pic?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well in the process of trying to clean it, I'm not sure it is plat. but I'll have to go crazy in the kitchen to find out as it is sitting in the garbage disposer...I know n00b move.

Mike
Reminds me....when I bought my first motor bike and was changing oil and the battery. While letting funnel drain into dipstick hole after adding oil I dropped a lockwasher for the battery......

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does everyone test for platinum? If I dig a platinum ring, how will I know?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SILVER COMES IN 950 AND SO DOES PALLADIUM - TAKE TO A JEWELER TO BE SURE

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Roger if you click the image you can zoom in on it pretty good, will have to wait till I take apart the disposer to get it out. you know I'm the search king and for the life of me I can't find a charm exactly like it online anywhere. there are some tiffany ones similar but its got no tiffany marks so not that.
though I'm going back there in a little bit and go all metal pinpoint to see if I can pick up the chain or bracelet it could have been on..that would be sweet!

Mike

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Mike

My hand gets mighty sore retrieving stuff down there!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread