First silver Quarter!

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
Went out this morning for a quick hunt on my break. Love my job. Anyway I work at the airport that was an army airbase for WWII. There is a round about that has been there since the beginning. I've been there several times before to detect and found a lot of trash. This time was different. I started out and dug two small pieces of trash. Then I got Two zinc Lincoln's followed by 4 wheats. 1919, 1944,45 and 1910 all toasted. Then I got a strong hit and was thinking to myself I should leave this for my wife for her first trip out. I looked down at the VDI and it was 82 showing silver. I couldn't leave it. Got the plug out and it was a 1940 P quarter. Been on cloud nine all day. Going to try and go back tomorrow. Thanks for reading and good luck. WH. HH

image-605324487.jpg

Upvote 17

opee

Oct 26, 2009
hales corners. wi
Detector(s) used
BH and AT max
Found most of my silver in what another mder told me was hunted out. My first was a slq with my atp when I got it. Funny that he was still detecting there. My advice is to listen to the sound that that quarter makes and you will find many more. That is a wish I'll make for you:-). Good luck hurting and thanks for sharing your first with us. Go slow and eazy and there will be more.

OP
OP
WilliamH

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
Found most of my silver in what another mder told me was hunted out. My first was a slq with my atp when I got it. Funny that he was still detecting there. My advice is to listen to the sound that that quarter makes and you will find many more. That is a wish I'll make for you:-). Good luck hurting and thanks for sharing your first with us. Go slow and eazy and there will be more.

I don't think I will ever forget that sound. High and steady. And yes slow and steady win the race. Good luck to you also. Wh

PalmettoJoel

Jan 4, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics 8000
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super find. I found my first silver quarter this year too! Here's to many more for us both!

booshey

Aug 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man... Congrats!! I have pulled out 5 1960's quarters at my house in the past two weeks... All 1967-1968. A little jealous right now... Not gonna lie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread