Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
003.JPG So it turns out this site that I hit w/ a buddy back in March still had some secrets! The chic who lives there is getting foreclosed, her last day at the permission is the 25th, so I said yup, I better hit it one last time before new owners get it...boy am I glad I did! Let me tell you that this is the same place that I found my WW1 infantry ring, along w/ 8 wheats, my bud found 10 wheats, neither of us had found silver, which had bothered me. My last hunt, like I said, was in March...our dry season...now, it is hardcore rainy season, the ground is wet, was hoping this would work to my benefit, the ACE 350 did me right. Targets galore!!! Tally was 14 wheats, 1935 Wash, 1943D Merc, 1923 Buff...17 keeper coins, compared to 15 clad coins!!! 002.JPG Also found some sort of what I think is a token...toasted beyond anything I have ever seen. The hunt also included a couple of firsts for me as well....My first military button, an awesome little buckle, intact and operational. The business part of some sort of musical instrument, and some other relics for my keeper box
004.JPG I need an ID on the button, not too familiar with them. My guy is smaller than a dime, and reads "buttonworks NY city" ... is it WW1 or WW2? The shank is perfectly intact, and I am so happy to have found it! Finally, I found an interesting little relic.... At first I thought it was maybe a modern arrowhead, put it in my ditty bag, thinking it was junk. Cleaned it up, has writing? I don't recognize it, looks to be foreign, looks like it had enamel on it originally...wait what is that up top? A hammer and sickle? HOLY SHIZNET!!! It is a Soviet ...thing. A medal of some sort? its kinda beat up, maybe someone can ID it..All in all, this hunt really surprised me. I thought that my buddy and I hit this place pretty hard, truly amazing what a wet ground can do! Oh, and to top it off, the lady says to me that if I want the staghorn fern hanging in the tree, I can have it if I can get it down!!!:headbang: To buy one that size its like 200 bucks!!! Total score..awesome day!

Upvote 9

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your hunts are getting better and you got lots of keepers today! That site is giving things up. Maybe another one close by for you? Good luck!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks....I am trying to get up a pic of the Russian thing, trying again
006.JPG

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds! Congrats on the button!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Your button is a U.S. Army "Great Seal" and the black paint dates it from 1917-1823.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
oh yeah, what a day for sure! great hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread