Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange how we get things in our head. Woke up after a long 12 hour night shift in a fog...no surprise. Had this longing to go down by the water which immediately made me think of a versus from a famous poem;
I must go down to the sea again
The lonely seas and sky
Where all I ask is a tall ship
And a star to steer her by.
Mind you just replace ship with At Pro and star with fresh batteries and I'm sure you can identify.
Fired up poor old Otto who is on it's last legs(going to be replaced in the next few weeks) and headed towards the Bedford Basin stopping at a small waterside park. Tide was out and coming in. Breeze was was from the nor'west. Clouds over head bellowing. Started just above low tide. Had to notch the Pro back three bars on the pro zero mode to stabilize her. Coins, coins coins,pennies, pennies pennies. Was sort of neat to move the rocks and watch the small crabs, blood worms and other aquatic being scurry. Of course one gets pissed on every now and then by a clam. Hazards of the dig.
Hit a 1949 quarter followed by a religious medal depicting a fellow kneeling before Christ while the other side a cathedral. Quota was had and Otto and I limped back home.
Once home it was into the shower as the Bedford Basin is not the cleanest of areas. In the shower it was a shave and a shampoo...mind you I had soap in my eyes when I washed my hair with Vagisill ! UM. Wrong bottle Ize a dinking. Now it's time to put the vibrating heating pad on the lazy bouy and think of all the moans and groans I can taunt Marie with when she gets home."Hunny Bunny I'm sore could you get me a beer from the fridge!"

Upvote 3

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL :laughing7:, great story! nice finds aswell!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Old Otto and the operator have hauled a lot of booty . Will be sad saying goodbye to old paint but it happens.
Great haul Leslie, thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread