Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SAM_0905.JPG SAM_0904.JPG SAM_0902.JPG SAM_0903.JPG

I had about three hours to hunt with Vino again this morning, I found 14 clad dimes, 2 clad quarters, 27 stinkin Lincolns, 4 wheats, junk ring, sterling thingamabob (if anyone knows, please chime in), modern button, and a first. Chinese coin, looked up a quick research on them. If they have a square hole, with four characters and nothing on back, its a coin. If it has four characters with animals on the back, its a charm! If it has square hole with two characters, its an old coin, haaaaaa.

George had some nice finds, I was in the wrong section, oh well, sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.
Thanks George
IMG_20140923_160332.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunting with you today..
Dont worry ill be the bug next time..lol
George

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any thingamabob marked Sterling is a great one.
Cool finds. Looks like a fun hunt.

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Chinese coin looks like a Kuang-Hsu (1875-1908), but not 100 percent. Fantastic

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
envious of course, but you do know that since you have the ctx and are hunting with George, some of us are expecting spectacular finds! HA! I hope you guys are having a blast, wish I could watch over your shoulders

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
envious of course, but you do know that since you have the ctx and are hunting with George, some of us are expecting spectacular finds! HA! I hope you guys are having a blast, wish I could watch over your shoulders
If I had been in the right section, I would have found killer finds too. Ha George was using his CTX yesterday. That machine was picking out stuff, when I was digging it I would find four things (iron) on the way down. I'm loving that machine, been bouncing back and forth using a couple different programs. Its fun.

Nice finds. Chinese coin looks like a Kuang-Hsu (1875-1908), but not 100 percent. Fantastic
Not long after I found it I thought of you for an ID. I read that animals on the back mean its a charm, it weighs 7.5 grams.
How are you ID ing these coins?

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not long after I found it I thought of you for an ID. I read that animals on the back mean its a charm, it weighs 7.5 grams.
How are you ID ing these coins?

Yea, I couldn't see the back side very well, but I have never found one with an animal on the back so that is really cool!! Mine just typically have the mint marks and all have been from the Chin Dynasty. Here is the site I use,CHINESE COIN IDENTIFICATION - Calgary Coin Gallery

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi treble, nice findings, is the sterling thing to the right of the charm ?

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds Treb. The Chinese coin is cool. GL&HH.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs brad, unfortunately when out with george, most people are the bug lol.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs brad, unfortunately when out with george, most people are the bug lol.

He is lucky and very skilled, a very fast digger. He has an arsenal of very good detectors and knows how to use them. BUT, he has been the bug a few times in the past when we have hunted together, I'm not a very competitive guy, just grateful to find whatever I find, It is almost as exciting for me when others have found great finds, I have been lucky enough to have been with him on some really good ones and the journey afterwards finding out what/value/actually selling finds, have for me been both exciting and interesting. All in all, I feel very lucky to have him as a friend and look forward to upcoming group hunts. He is planning another one at a cool different site. I hope to see you, your son, old dude and many others in the future. Those hunts have been so much fun!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah u better believe I'll be back down your way soon!, some of my favorite hunts this year we're spent out with you guys, I've been w george like 3 times and dave a bunch, it's awesome making the finds, and almost as much fun watching others get em too. Looking forward to another group hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions