Birthdays are the pits..

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call from the some captain this morning, said that we will be blown out today and that its not worth the risk to make a run to the canyons...boo...So I decided to revisit some of the areas that I hunted this past spring and steered clear of because there was waaay to much crap in the ground, but the this spot screamed finds and given that this vicinity is steeped in colonial finds...So I did a little prospect digging..all I can say is, too hell with Shangri-La!!

Only worked a 3x3 area in a corner..
Corner.jpg
Pit.jpg

Need a jar?
Jar.jpg

Burn coals, chestnut size?
Chestnut.jpg

Some of my finds include 14 Wheaties oldest being 1913, two salt and pepper shakers, butter urn, couple other bott's (including one Spur and two 7up bott's) a couple buckles, few flat buttons, so on and so forth...I will be pounding the crap out of this site tomorrow, with all these wheaties, there has to be some silver..
Finds.jpg

Here are some cleaned up..
total.jpg

....and to that shady MD'er who was hiding behind a tree, I don't treat snakes too kindly.
Dontplay.jpg

Upvote 5

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're a machine. Nonstop with the finds and good finds at that. That was not me behind that tree, lower the weapon, please.:laughing7:

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a machine. Nonstop with the finds and good finds at that. That was not me behind that tree, lower the weapon, please.:laughing7:

It was a fake gun..and the cool thing was that I found three fake bullets to go with it...ironically 5 of the wheats I found in the jars by just shaking out the dirt..pop there is a wheatie..There has to be silver there I am sure of it..yea, 38 years of age today..

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow!!! great spot...and happy birthday.:occasion13:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i remember reading a post of yours about you giving away something,think you have a great attitude so happy birthday too you sir.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fun dig up there !

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a fun dig up there !

I dug from 230-500, there is so much stuff in the ground, that when you walk on the soil that hasn't been touched, you hear crunch. ..I am still shocked that the little area I dug, yielded so many wheats. .I am hoping to nail a few mercs, quarters maybe a buff or two tomorrow. .My luck I will keep digging wheats..it is what it is..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread