Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White Rock beach, BC
lowest tolerance, then swept with my new Deteknix X-Pointer.

mostly junk, found out for the first time what a pain in the ass pull-tabs can be... also found dozens of spikes/nails/screws, many bottle caps, random junk, and some clumps of miscellaneous metal slag from campfires.

a few clad coins, some roached coins, and a lot of experience for our third outing. I am extremely pleased with the X-pointer, it didn't false once the whole day in the salty iron-rich sand.

my wife also found a pair of glasses in their case, hopefully we can find the owner

fZXaam1l.jpg

iNcE4fTl.jpg

SkEtHhwl.jpg

total hunting time: 4 hours, we had a blast and I couldn't believe how much junk we found; literally walked two steps after I filled my hole then pinged again.

full-size pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/fZXaam1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iNcE4fT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SkEtHhw.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging. The clad adds up and sooner or later the junk you're digging yields a treasure or two.

OP
OP
T

TheHappyCanadian

Sep 14, 2014
Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging. The clad adds up and sooner or later the junk you're digging yields a treasure or two.

exactly what I was thinking, we focused on sitting areas, campfires, and pathways to the beach. whenever we found something we swept again, especially whenever we found a coin. plus it feels good to get rid of all the trash from the beach so nobody has to step on them eventually.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice cleanup work there, it should get more easy to find goodies with less trash around !

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job cleaning up White Rock beach and on the clad! Looks like you found a loonie, as well. Our club had a hunt there back in June and another member and I found some interesting lead objects in different locations. I posted my finds here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/420237-found-4-snakes-can-anyone-identify-them.html . If you are interested in meeting a great group of people and going out on club outings, check out the west coast treasure hunters club ( West Coast Treasure Hunters Club - Metal Detecting Club Vancouver BC). We meet in Burnaby the first Wednesday of each month.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
You both have a lot of energy, lol! :laughing7: And there will be some treasures emerging amid the junk.:icon_thumright: My two gold rings were found surrounded by junk! Andi

AngerManagement

Aug 30, 2014
Brisbane
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what equipment other than the X-pointer ?

I did some benches on the beach at a Tourist pick-up, where they get collected to go on boat rides... With just the X-pointer...

10 min work and $15 and so much junk... But it was fun....

Need to tape it to a broom stick....

OP
OP
T

TheHappyCanadian

Sep 14, 2014
Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what equipment other than the X-pointer ?

I did some benches on the beach at a Tourist pick-up, where they get collected to go on boat rides... With just the X-pointer...

10 min work and $15 and so much junk... But it was fun....

Need to tape it to a broom stick....

coinmaster, set to lowest discrimination. has a built-in pinpointer mode for all metals.

I literally said the same thing to my wife about taping the pinpointer to a (wood) broomstick, maybe tape a neodynium magnet to the other end.

also carry a backpack with a sifter-scoop, a planting trowel, and a small baking sifter

Plastic Sand Scoop Green | SMI Electronics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread