First hunt of the year with Bill D and coin #1 for the fall.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a 1 week old Dad now and already discovering the challenges of digging and parenting. We welcomed a healthy baby girl to the world last Tuesday and while sleep deprived have had a ball since then.

Managed to get out yesterday for a quick break to dig and check on the status of a few sites. While Bill and I did not set the world on fire, we certainly did not get skunked. My take for a solid three hours of digging, handful of buttons and the 1865 2 Cent Piece...this one is prettier in person than the image shows.

Now back to daddy life for a few days.
HH
... Dan

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    785.1 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_0290.JPG
    DSC_0290.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
Upvote 9

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Congrats on your new baby girl Dan! Many adventures ahead. Not a bad coin either.
-Evan

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on you new arrival.

Nice haul of treasure. The 2 center is just awesome... but you always get good stuff. GL&HH!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
It was great to hook again Dan after way too long of a hiatus. The finds were a little disappointing, but I have a gut feeling that we're gonna have an incredible season with some major recoveries in our future. And congrats again to both of you on adding a gorgeous baby girl to your family. Talk to you soon ..... Bill

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan,
Congrats on a beautiful baby girl, my wife and I had our 3rd child and 1st girl on Friday 9/19, so I understand the feeling of limited detecting time lol!!
Congrats on the kiddo, very cute little girl
Your finds ain't half bad either:laughing7: That 2 center is awesome!

Last edited:

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice way to start the new detecting year. Congratulation on your baby girl and a new chapter in life.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new addition to the family! Hope your fall hunting season is as productive as we are used to seeing you have.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an adorable girl Dan. It doesn't get any better than that! I consider the day my wife delivered our first to be the best day of my life. Alas, the days pass very quickly and that same daughter will be married on Saturday.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan so happy to hear you have a beautiful and healthy lil girl, congrats buddy. Nice to see you and Bill getting out again. The two of you always have great finds and great posts. All the best to your family, Abe

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two have a beautiful baby girl Dan. Congrats! Your wife is a keeper if she let you outta the house so soon. I didn't see the light of day for a couple of months after we had our daughter. Hopefully you'll be able to get a lot this season.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the baby girl, the juggling of detecting time will be tight now but rewarding as well. Getting the 2 cent would make my day out swinging the machine, best of luck for your future hunt.

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two have a beautiful baby girl Dan. Congrats! Your wife is a keeper if she let you outta the house so soon. I didn't see the light of day for a couple of months after we had our daughter. Hopefully you'll be able to get a lot this season.

HA - I am a skilled negotiator, it is a trait I have sharpened quite well for my career. It also does not hurt that I have been digging longer than we have known each other.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your greatest treasure your new baby girl

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan: Congrats on the beautiful baby girl! Being a family man and making great finds is a tall order, but you'll persevere. When you're through with baby boot camp, you'll been a lean, mean detecting machine. :laughing7: When you get old, I mean real old, you can hope that your kids will get you out of the old folks home every now and then for a few hours of quality detecting. Congrats again on the new addition to the family.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the baby and the beautiful 2c!

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new arrival Pops! It's a wonderful experience & am blessed with 2 Boys (10 & 13. NEVER a dull moment, LOL!).

Glad to see you got out for a bit. It's good for the soul to have some you time once in a while. I found that losing time to myself once in a while was one of the big adjustments I had to make.

Perhaps get one of those baby carrier backpack as the walking/swinging motion will rock her to sleep :laughing7:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beautiful little girl you and your wife have, I wish you three all the best. I can tell you from experiance that they can begin detecting at the age of 2, just give them your pro pointer and let them find the goodies after you pop out the plug.
Oh yea, nice finds by the way, I hope you can keep them coming while ballancing work, family and hobbies.
Keep it together buddy and all the best,
ZDD.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dan, I wish Dman was as good a guide as you or Bill. Very nice OLD finds & good luck on another great hunting season. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread