The J Team is Back: Confederate Fort Site

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, it's been awhile since posting, been busy on the road and diggin'. My buddy Jeff flew into town and I took him to a new Confederate Fort and campsite that I've been hunting. Since it had been almost four years since we last got to flip some dirt together, we were stoked. :headbang::headbang: So far this is what we've come up with after two days searching the inner walls of the fort. We'll be out there again tomorrow and Thursday before he flies back to Missouri on Friday morning.

It's good to have my brother back, just like old times :occasion14:

-Josh (Sentinel) & Jeff (umrgolf)

Josh and Jeff Oct 2014(3).jpg Josh and Jeff Oct 2014(2).jpg Josh and Jeff Oct 2014.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 9

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Welcome back that's awesome I love hunting with my bro. I'll bet you guys are gonna find more

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a pile of brass for a fort. Awesome Script C. What is the bullet in the center?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good relics. Hope you post what else you dig. Those buttons are in good shape. I like that fired cap they are not found like that often :thumbsup:

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Luvin the Cleaner Bullet and Buttons

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff From a great site.

"You Virginia Guys"!!!!LOL

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good relics. Hope you post what else you dig. Those buttons are in good shape. I like that fired cap they are not found like that often :thumbsup:
Thanks Tnmountains, we will be sure to post what else pops up. I agree, the fired percussion caps are always a welcoming site....this particular one let us know that we had arrived on site.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a pile of brass for a fort. Awesome Script C. What is the bullet in the center?

The bullet at center is a rather tough one to find at most campsites, it's a .41 caliber "Volcanic" with a brass plug. These bullets actually contained the powder charge within and was an early type of self contained shot. The gun had a feeder tube and you loaded it up with these bullets and they fired themselves. Muzzle velocity was low and complications made this weapon fade into obscurity....however, the Volcanic firearm was the forerunner to the Winchesters and cowboy lever action rifles of the old West.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you guys at it again. Looks like you're getting as much colonial as you are CW. My kinda site :thumbsup:

be2019

Oct 18, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds, keep us posted...

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sentinel is back!!! I'll trade you the matching heel plate from down here in Mississippi for a sweet Virginia relic or two! Glad to see you out digging man..Soon as the NO-Shoulders go in for the winter I'm hitting the woods.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are into a good spot! Beautiful Confederate Cavalry and US Rifleman buttons!

Steve

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sentinel is back!!! I'll trade you the matching heel plate from down here in Mississippi for a sweet Virginia relic or two! Glad to see you out digging man..Soon as the NO-Shoulders go in for the winter I'm hitting the woods.

Hey buddy, good to see you, shoot me a PM

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inside a fort...that sounds like fun.
Like the old locks...never got one of those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread