4 coppers, 1 reale pewter button, navy button and more

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick and I found out that the farmer was selling off a piece of his farm that held a very productive site. Now Rick and I have hit this site fairly hard in the past but this time we were like a couple of brain surgeons, slowly and methodically going over every square inch of the house site and surrounding area investigating any suspect signal to see if we have missed anything.....and we did.
I managed to find 4 more crusty coppers (most likely George III but can't tell for sure), a beautiful Navy button from the late 1700s and early 1800s, some nice tombac buttons and a pewter button that was cast from a 1 reale coin. Rick had found one last year as well in about the same condition.
The other usual items were also there like the musket ball (fired), a nice little baby spoon, some black glass and feathered edge porcelain. Too bad we are going to loose this site, word is the new owners are going to plant grapes.
20141009_193305.jpg 20141009_193445.jpg
HH,
ZDD

Upvote 8

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Lovely navy button!

We are losing an alarming amount of good productive digging sites everyday, glad you saved some before its gone for good

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the saves, great looking button.

Is it bad to pray for case of blight?:)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great finds buddy! I'm always amazed at what comes out of a site when you really slow down and dig every little chirp you hear. That button is a beauty

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. 4 copper day is a good day no matter the condition. Awesome buttons! HH!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save on the navy button Dave,
and I'm glad you got one of those spanish coin / button things too, they are kind of cool for sure.
I'm going to add a close up of mine, and of course not to be stealing you thunder, just a closer pic. that's all.

find13-47-5.JPG

Can't wait till we do it all again.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one in my books. I have a nice little collection of Navy buttons from the early days, and glad I do because we don't see near as many these days. So I loved them in the beginning, sort of took them for granted a bit later on, but sure would like to see a few more pop up now.

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one in my books. I have a nice little collection of Navy buttons from the early days, and glad I do because we don't see near as many these days. So I loved them in the beginning, sort of took them for granted a bit later on, but sure would like to see a few more pop up now.
I love finding the old military buttons but be damned if I can find a 18th century Air Force button.:laughing7:
ZDD

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dave, nice finds sir, maybe the new owners will let you dig between the rows? Never hurts to ask, least that's what mom used to tell me.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure was a "productive site", now that it is probably retired ? I should put the good stuff from there together for a group shot. Not just a lot of stuff, but good stuff, like my only IDable GEO 1st copper, rev war pewter B., nice buckles, and some spanish silver.

We need another like it.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Thank you..and Rick...for showing us that button. I've never seen that before. It stinks that you're losing that site but at least you were able to get into it before it's gone.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure was a "productive site", now that it is probably retired ? I should put the good stuff from there together for a group shot. Not just a lot of stuff, but good stuff, like my only IDable GEO 1st copper, rev war pewter B., nice buckles, and some spanish silver.

We need another like it.

It's a bit of a drag to look back at the best sites knowing there's so little to find it's hard to find the motivation to hunt them again... but what's even worse is when you can't.

Now there's an idea for a theme type post.... post some good finds, but the deal is all have to be from the same site.

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I like the idea of a post of all the great finds we got up from that one site Rick. We will have to see if we can do that.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions