Middle School Finds

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi all. Got out today for a 6 hour hunt at the local middle school. Just got a new Whites 5.3 Eclipse coil and gave it a try. I love it. You can read several distinct signals within inches of each other. Great today with all the trash that teenagers seem to deposit on school grounds. Scored lots of clad-$6.68, another junk ring, a silver earring, a charm (reverse says R. TENNESMED SWEDEN), a mystery item (lower right in close-up, any idea what it is? ), and another bag full of pull tabs. Just me and those sweet little tones in my headphones. Had a blast and got my head straight today. What a great hobby! HH everyone~CO2

Attachments

• Dcp02700.jpg
    Dcp02700.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 392
  • Dcp02701.jpg
    Dcp02701.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
CO2, who says it doesn't pay to go back to school. HAHA . By the way, tessesned sweden makes modern day art deco jewelry.HH

C

Carl in CO

Yep, you were at a school. That air stem is a dead giveaway!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
That's good hunting for sure! Nice digs!

V

Vingamel

That's a proud hunter who lines all the coins in neat rows. Looks like about what I dug up over the weekend (around swimming pool, and around old school). Six hours for me, too, but not as much silver.

Look at all them nickels. Like another said, if there had been gold on those grounds, you were on the right track to finding it.

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Stone - Thanks for the input on the Tennessed Sweden item. ?Can't believe all the stories my mind was making up on that one.
Tow & Nitro - Thanks for solving the mystery item. ?I bet you're right.
49er - Denver area.
Vin - Proud hunter? ?Or just an anal one?
Gaspar - I didn't get permission. ?I'm in a very small town & the community uses school facilities on weekends. ?I only hunt on the weekends and as usual , am very careful about my digs. ?Don't want to wear out an uninvited welcome! ?;D
Rod - You ain't a kiddin'. With all the pull tabs I did about 500 squats that day! Ouch I'm gettin' old! :-X
Thanks for all the posts guys. ?HH~CO2

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Hi Gaspar - I too never ask permission for schools - I just go and hunt, but NEVER
when kids are in!!! I get there in the early AM, and love it in the fall when it's
foggy! But I dig CLEAN holes and have never had a problem.

Dave
Zommbee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions