Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I took a vacation day on Monday, and hooked up with fellow TNetter Smittyman. He took me to a little redneck town in the next county, where he had a couple permissions for us to hunt. The first couple of spots only yielded clad, and a 1950 rabies tag.

Then we worked a really nice small yard on a 1940s house, when we reached the front yard Wheaties started showing up. Then a silver Rosie... now that's more like it! Two Mercs showed up shortly thereafter, within 45 minutes, I had three silvers in the pouch. That is the first time that I have found three silver coins in one day.

Silver coins # 36, 37 & 38 YTD.

I also included a pic of the 7 Wheaties and 925 ring that I found on Sunday... while hunting with Smittyman. If you ever the get a chance to hunt with him... Do it! He will let you find all of the good stuff, and hardly find any for himself, NOW THAT'S A FRIEND!

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20141020_170432_186-1.jpg
    IMG_20141020_170432_186-1.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20141020_171536_549-1.jpg
    IMG_20141020_171536_549-1.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20141019_170428_043-1.jpg
    IMG_20141019_170428_043-1.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 13

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy bro! Leave some for everyone else lol. Great hunt buddy

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, that is a great hunt, and very good busting chops on poor Smittyman. Your silver numbers are great for the year. I'm going to buy a Deus real soon, I'm going to put the three machines in a golf bag like WhatIfind suggested.
I'm glad you found three in one day, that would make me smile from ear to ear, now I'm jelly.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, and sounds like you've got a great friend! Continued success to you both!

-- Jeff --

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first silver triple day. Days like that make your silver count really jump up.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly a golden friend!
Nice silver! And wheats!
Hope you guys get back there sounds like a great place with lots of goodies!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many congrats on the silver trifecta. Where you gonna' put all of that silver??
You and the Dues are killin' it.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, that is a great hunt, and very good busting chops on poor Smittyman. Your silver numbers are great for the year. I'm going to buy a Deus real soon, I'm going to put the three machines in a golf bag like WhatIfind suggested.
I'm glad you found three in one day, that would make me smile from ear to ear, now I'm jelly.

Thanks Brad. Busting on Smittyman is almost as much fun as finding silver. He really is a great guy, a true Southern gent, but don't tell him that I said that!
The Deus has been beating up Smittyman's CTX lately (we go back and forth). The Deus is a really nice machine... wireless, light and easy to use. You would enjoy it... however, your CTX is (IMO) the best machine on the market. However, it is heavy and looks like a giant mine detector!

GL&HH!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt, my last triple silver day was when they scrapped the top six inches of dirt off at an old park where they used to have medicine shows prior to paving for a basketball court !

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Brad. Busting on Smittyman is almost as much fun as finding silver. He really is a great guy, a true Southern gent, but don't tell him that I said that!
The Deus has been beating up Smittyman's CTX lately (we go back and forth). The Deus is a really nice machine... wireless, light and easy to use. You would enjoy it... however, your CTX is (IMO) the best machine on the market. However, it is heavy and looks like a giant mine detector!

GL&HH!

Both machines are great machines, along with that toy(AT Pro) But in certain situations that Deus is the real deal. Like places with allot of iron, I bet you had a ton of iron where you two were just at?

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! Kudos to SMITTYMAN! Tom, maybe he felt sorry for you since you were on a recent silver drought! lol...Glad to see you back on track, nice digs! BEAUTIFUL ring...niiiice... ddf

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Both machines are great machines, along with that toy(AT Pro) But in certain situations that Deus is the real deal. Like places with allot of iron, I bet you had a ton of iron where you two were just at?

The place where the silver coins showed up on Monday, was a nice clean front yard lawn. Very little of anything, but coins and a little trash.
However, on Sunday, we went to a set of old apartments that had a "nail halo" all around it, from old roofing nails. There was an Etrac, CTX and Deus. The 2 tone ferrous found targets that the Deus was struggling to see. I was really impressed...however, I found the most with the Deus overall. I just like the ease of use of the Deus.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three silvers...can't go wrong with that. Now you have to try and better that hunt and come home with 4 of those little beauties. Congrats.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread