Three Centuries of Digging

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an afternoon of digging for me out at the colonial field. I tried a new field earlier but it was one of the worst digs of my life. It wasn't long before I moved on. There has been a lot of rain in the area lately and I felt the ground would be giving up the relics, I knew it would be easier to dig than the last time I was out there for sure.
Not at all a bad day. Scored my first silver with the AT Pro. 1905 S Barber. Also found a colonial thimble, shoe buckle fram and various buttons.

Check out my video as well

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    925.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    902.9 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 7
OP
OP
toddsumm1

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be hitting this site again over the weekend. This was just a cherry picking expedition to determine if the recent rains would help with signals and ease of digging.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of finds.
I tried to hunt a bit today after work but everything is MUD right now. That Nor' Easter blew through here and everything's just a mess.
I'll try again tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread