CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a little bit of clad earlier in the afternoon but decided to move to a spot that had seen more traffic in the past. Got serious with some digging of lower signals was hoping for some gold today. Got a solid 08 conductive reading and decided to try it. After making my ground entry via screwdriver slit I pried some more dirt out and still had to get a bit deeper pried again and out popped a clod of dirt with a light yellowish looking ring that was very dirty !

10_26_2014 ring dirty front.jpg 10_26_2014 ring dirty side view.jpg

On cleaning up the ring at home I was in for a nice surprise !

10_26_2014 ring front clean.jpg 10_26_2014 ring clean rear.jpg

I find rings are much harder to get a decent photo of than coins. On looking at the band with my 10x loupe a 10k mark was visible. The photo of the back may or may not be good enough to see the "Copy" then 1983 on the back side. Does this mean the coin is not gold then or is it 10K like the band? Tried to examine it with my loupe and it looked to be better than electroplated base metal at least, far as I could tell it looked like gold.Still a decent find in my book !

Thanks for checking the ring out !

Upvote 8
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love all rings !

Hi thommo =) Thanks for the reply! Your in a great location for gold there! Or at least one would think Australia has it good !! While any ring is a good artifact find, I have found some very old brass ones in fields here, we are the poor zone here! But yeah I really like Gold rings more than silver or base metal rings. And as you would expect with the golden rings being so hard to find here, I am still looking for that first "In the wild!" Platinum which may take another five or ten years of detecting to find here ! Versus if someone calls me to find a lost Platinum ring which would not count of course, that would be "Loading the Dice!" foul play if counted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread