🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No bears in this post, but I got my clock cleaned today. Mudduck took his new "Deus" (I think it's called?) out for the 5th time and he was finding .69 after .69 at well over a foot. (He was claiming 18"!) Hope he posts his finds. I know that sounds like a big fish story, but that machine is a deep dude.

As for me, Bullets-In-Wood are all that saved my day. I hunted hard and came up with a .69, two .69s in wood (barely) one .69 that got smashed up good, and was in wood at one time, but not anymore . . . and one buck in wood.

IMG_5251.JPG

Upvote 6

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a nice find with the lead still stuck in the wood.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story, good finds. I'm going out today and hunting with my XP Deus first day with it!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe most who aren't close to a CW battle site would consider those topnotch. I know I certainly do.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Finds
Not too many left like that IMO.

Do you wanna Duce Now!

You been having some Great Finds of late , yall leave some for somebody else ..LOL

Davers

OP
OP
parsonwalker

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everybody. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful. OLD DUDE: Yeah, we talked about that at the end of the day. I had moved a LOT of earth for only a few finds, but they were really cool being in wood and we commented that there are guys who would pay a hundred bucks just to WALK that property with a metal detector. So I am grateful to have a battlefield site to hunt.

These trenches are early war, so you find more .69s, and buck-and-balls, and the sand preserved the wood well. I'm guessing that they piled downed trees on top of the trenches, and over the years the trees decomposed. Where the bullets hit the wood, perhaps the hot bullet created an artificial knot. You get a signal in the trench and find not the slightest evidence of wood. Rotting or otherwise. Just clean sand. Then suddenly a knot rolls out with a bullet in it.

TREBLE HUNTER: Mudduck had been ignoring those tiny "chirps" his Deus had been giving him because they didn't register anything recognizable on the screen. Yesterday he decided to dig a chirp and it was a deep .69. He then dug ALL chirps (He was in relic mode) and found 12 .69s, 2 .58s, two bullets in wood, and 3 bucks in wood. Most very deep. He says, "Dig the chirps!" That machine is complicated, but wicked deep. I'm strictly a "beep-and-dig" guy with my Tejon. It's a really good unit, but not like that Deus.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drop your sensitivity on the Tejon 3-points, if your are at an 8, dial down to a 5, and see if you start to pick up deeper chirps.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful. OLD DUDE: Yeah, we talked about that at the end of the day. I had moved a LOT of earth for only a few finds, but they were really cool being in wood and we commented that there are guys who would pay a hundred bucks just to WALK that property with a metal detector. So I am grateful to have a battlefield site to hunt.

These trenches are early war, so you find more .69s, and buck-and-balls, and the sand preserved the wood well. I'm guessing that they piled downed trees on top of the trenches, and over the years the trees decomposed. Where the bullets hit the wood, perhaps the hot bullet created an artificial knot. You get a signal in the trench and find not the slightest evidence of wood. Rotting or otherwise. Just clean sand. Then suddenly a knot rolls out with a bullet in it.

TREBLE HUNTER: Mudduck had been ignoring those tiny "chirps" his Deus had been giving him because they didn't register anything recognizable on the screen. Yesterday he decided to dig a chirp and it was a deep .69. He then dug ALL chirps (He was in relic mode) and found 12 .69s, 2 .58s, two bullets in wood, and 3 bucks in wood. Most very deep. He says, "Dig the chirps!" That machine is complicated, but wicked deep. I'm strictly a "beep-and-dig" guy with my Tejon. It's a really good unit, but not like that Deus.

Gotta love that Sandy soil .
Please let me know if Terry's advice works. ' In your Conditions at-least.

Thx
Davers

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting