You’re not going to believe this… another Martingale badge today!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I headed back for a 4hr hunt today to a site I received permission to hunt at the beginning of October. A few weeks ago at this location I found a British Military Horse Cheek Boss, one of two that went to the branch cheek steel bit of the horse… well today I found its mate! :o I also found another Isaac Campbell Knapsack Hook. Some of my favourite finds today were a small baby picture in a pendant, a Lesney Farm Tractor and a collection of ladies compacts. I have included a picture of the martingale before and after I gave it a coat of beeswax & mineral oil, which can easily be removed with dish soap and water. :tongue3:

This site has me really stumped though as to why I’ve only found modern coins here? :icon_scratch: An old coin would have really topped off today and made it a great day, although I can’t complain too much! :laughing7:

This is my third British Military Martingale find since August, here’s a pic of all three! :thumbsup:

Thanks very much for looking,
Dave

Attachments

• SDC10260.JPG
    SDC10260.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 159
  • SDC10257.JPG
    SDC10257.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 167
  • SDC10261.JPG
    SDC10261.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 190
  • SDC10263.JPG
    SDC10263.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 202
  • SDC10262.JPG
    SDC10262.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 195
  • SDC10265.JPG
    SDC10265.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 207
  • SDC10266.JPG
    SDC10266.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 192
  • SDC10259.JPG
    SDC10259.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 206
  • SDC10269.JPG
    SDC10269.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 199
  • SDC10272.JPG
    SDC10272.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 235
  • SDC10277.JPG
    SDC10277.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 223
  • SDC10273.JPG
    SDC10273.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 206
  • SDC10289.JPG
    SDC10289.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 183
  • SDC10288.JPG
    SDC10288.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 190
  • SDC10309.JPG
    SDC10309.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 212
  • SDC10303.JPG
    SDC10303.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Upvote 28

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for your post J! :thumbsup:
Both of these pieces were found within 10' of each other, not really sure how I missed the second one the first go round?
As far as the Andy's Beeswax goes ... I met him a the 'One of a Kind Craft Show' in Toronto years ago and visited him last summer at his shop in Stratford. He's a really nice guy and the 1860's factory where he makes all of his wears in is like taking a step back in time! :o

I'm in Kingston tonight J, thought I'd hit a couple of sites near the Kingston Pen if the weather permits... their calling for flurries tomorrow! :dontknow:
Dave

Too funny that's where I met Andy also, like you said he's a real nice guy and produces a fine product.
The whole area is old considering the history of the province. I've often wondered if the grounds inside the pen have ever been done, could be some real different finds with the history of the institution.
Yup the old man is knocking at the door, <1cm of snow for Sat. but it's still good for the next few weeks after that.
Good luck at the sites.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Too funny that's where I met Andy also, like you said he's a real nice guy and produces a fine product.
The whole area is old considering the history of the province. I've often wondered if the grounds inside the pen have ever been done, could be some real different finds with the history of the institution.
Yup the old man is knocking at the door, <1cm of snow for Sat. but it's still good for the next few weeks after that.
Good luck at the sites.
When I read this I thought... what you met Andy while you guys were in 'The Pen'! :laughing7:
Swinging through all the fallen leaves is tough enough, but adding 1cm of snow on top makes it even more fun! :laughing9:

Take care J,
Dave

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much Dave!
There certainly will be more there, but not likely any more martingales! :laughing7:

Here are a couple of pics of how they mounted to the cheek boss bit.

Take care buddy,
Dave
wow that picture with them mounted is really cool, too bad you couldn't find a big piece like that!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had to do a double take as well.Congrats on another most excellent find.:thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is cool.:occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I read this I thought... what you met Andy while you guys were in 'The Pen'! :laughing7:
Swinging through all the fallen leaves is tough enough, but adding 1cm of snow on top makes it even more fun! :laughing9:

Take care J,
Dave

Too funny Dave. It's lots of fun swinging in snow ,it sticks to the coil like cat .... :laughing7:

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another incredible find bro!! The fact that you've found three of them just boggles my mind! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy tho. Congratulations!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that awesome find!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave...are you kidding me! Three of those, that is way beyond amazing, congrats. Are you shooting for an even dozen?:laughing7:
ZDD

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your finds have gotten pretty impressive Dave since I first saw them on the Sentinel site! Keep at it, you're doing very well!!

IM

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow that picture with them mounted is really cool, too bad you couldn't find a big piece like that!

I wish I could find them still mounted to the steel bit... wouldn't that be cool eh! :thumbsup:
Thanks for your post buddy,
Dave

Had to do a double take as well.Congrats on another most excellent find.:thumbsup:

Thanks for your post CoilyGirl! :icon_thumright:
I just wish there was more information available about these out there.
Dave

WOW 3 thats great.

Thanks very much buddy! :thumbsup:

Now that is cool.:occasion14:

Cheers Cru!
Dave

outstanding! I like that last pic

Thanks buddy, it was hard balancing all three on my hand to take the pic! :laughing7:
Dave

Another incredible find bro!! The fact that you've found three of them just boggles my mind! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy tho. Congratulations!
Thanks very much ACE! :occasion14:
Best of luck to you bud,
Dave

Congrats on that awesome find!

Thanks bootybandit! :thumbsup:
Dave

.Dave...are you kidding me! Three of those, that is way beyond amazing, congrats. Are you shooting for an even dozen?:laughing7:
ZDD

Thanks very much for your post Dave! :icon_thumright:
I still can't believe I found two more after I found the first one in August. Every time another I uncover another one I say, "nobodies going to believe this"! :laughing7:
Dave

Your finds have gotten pretty impressive Dave since I first saw them on the Sentinel site! Keep at it, you're doing very well!!

IM
Thanks very much for your words of support IM! :occasion14:
You're having a decent year yourself my friend!
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread