Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only had a 45min hunt so went to one of my close cellar hole spots I hit many times before. First decent signal turned out to be a round ball. At the very end I got a signal I normally wouldn't care much for but pickings were slim. At 4"inches I got a very ugly copper ring that is in very bad shape but at least it's complete and you can still clearly see the join line that I can't believe is still holding the ring together. It wasn't the best hunt but coming home with a couple of finds is better than none I guess. Thanks for looking! :)

image-4177587528.jpg

image-4210559441.jpg

image-3432087856.jpg

image-2332053999.jpg

Upvote 4

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For only 45 min. one can't expect a lot. Some of my best finds have come from sites that have been hunted before with maybe only one non-ferrous target every half hour or even less.

My Louis XIV coin from a site with only a keeper per hour on average. The 8R from a pounded site had about the same of one non ferrous target per hour. S L O W going, but was worth the swinging.

Good looking site.

Get your digs in, because the ground is going to get stiff soon I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're that many holes closer to a great find my friend. It all part of the process

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me any excuse to be outdoors is a great thing.
the roundball and ring are icing on the cake!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't complain about those. I got skunked yesterday when it comes to keepers.....nothing but trash for me. I love finding round balls so that would be a good hunt to me!

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're that many holes closer to a great find my friend. It all part of the process
Thanks. I know I'm due for something really good one of these times. I had quite a few finds since I started that I'd consider great. Funny how things change over time. Way back two finds like that and I would have been psyched. For example a long time ago when I found my first large cent it was like finding a treasure chest full of gold and I was on cloud nine for days. Maybe that's part of the addiction to always want to top your last best find.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For only 45 min. one can't expect a lot. Some of my best finds have come from sites that have been hunted before with maybe only one non-ferrous target every half hour or even less. My Louis XIV coin from a site with only a keeper per hour on average. The 8R from a pounded site had about the same of one non ferrous target per hour. S L O W going, but was worth the swinging. Good looking site. Get your digs in, because the ground is going to get stiff soon I'm afraid.
I hear ya for sure. Patience and to keep pounding those sites that have potential for the good oldies. The more work you put in the better you appreciate the reward. I hope I get a rainy winter down my way again. I think I got to hunt through about 75% of last winter in my area. :)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know exactly what you mean by that reply. One's first square nail is a good find, after a dozen or so...not so much. This reply I wrote should Put it in perspective. Maybe, maybe not. Read my reply # 16 to this post http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/439272-quick-hunt-100-year-old-silver.html
That's a good explanation of the addiction. I know I'm hooked when so many times I'm tired,muddy,hot,cold,dirty,soaked,cut or bug bitten in the middle of nowhere looking for something unknown that may not be there in the first place. Haha

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes, a short hunt is better than a long one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread