Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a quick lunchtime hunt today with a buddy at the old park

Cold and miserable weather but it was worth it. Was digging lots of trash copper and brass. And got a nice repeatable high time at 83/84. On the eurotek pro. Dig a plug and see gold in the hole. Called my buddy over and unfourtanetly marked 10kt hge. The hge stands for heavy gold electroplate. The stone looked promising though with the heavy prongs and the fact that I can see the solder spot where the ring was resized. Got home and the diamond tester lit up like a Christmas tree!!!!! Not sure on the exact size. But it's a big one and looks close to a carat!!!

Now I have to decide to keep or sell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 386
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 11

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the lack of response means its not real. Its ok to admit it. I once found a pocket watch I would have bet money it was solid gold and fought others who said plated. Turns out it was just plated. I admitted it and moved on. Better luck next time.

Actually I haven't had time to stop and get it checked. Working 45 hrs a week and coaching 3 different basketball teams limits my time. When I get to it I will update the thread either way. Not really a big deal. Maybe you should buy an acid test kit and you won't have to guess if your next find is gold or not ;)

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a very similar ring that is real 10k gold but a fake diamond (I think). Very interested in end result! The one on the far right.

3amigos.png

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might also be Moissanite. Tests on the bottom end of the diamond scale.

........... and there's also the oldest diamond test. Scratch the stone across the surface of a pane of glass. If it scratches the pane you are okay, but if it scratches the stone.....well, you know.

Mike

moissanite is a fairly expensive stone.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't get discouraged by some nay sayers. I have a silver ring with a gold coin that I have been told alot of the same things. My ring turned out to be genuine coin silver melted and a real gold coin made 150 years ago. Take it to a jeweler and have them put it to their test. But remember even if real. diamonds are not expensive usually.

big diamonds are expensive usually, and this stone in this ring looks pretty big. even a very poor quality 1 carat stone will be several hundred.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no update because it is not real... I wish it was... Really... I have been in the business for over 20 years and can tell a real Diamond just by looking at it...

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SEE!?!! I TOLD you so!

Don't mind me, just some reiterative repetitiveness of the grand "wise one". A bit of parroting, nothing more. :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no update because it is not real... I wish it was... Really... I have been in the business for over 20 years and can tell a real Diamond just by looking at it...

There is no update because I haven't had the time to stop. When I do I will post either way

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also wondering. What do you think it is if not diamond. Knowing that it tests positive for diamond. Moisanite ?? To my knowledge. That is the only other clear diamond looking stone that will test positive on the diamond tester

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you call him a liar?...totally uncalled for.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cant tell a diamond from a moisanite just by looking at it.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Actually I haven't had time to stop and get it checked. Working 45 hrs a week and coaching 3 different basketball teams limits my time. When I get to it I will update the thread either way. Not really a big deal. Maybe you should buy an acid test kit and you won't have to guess if your next find is gold or not ;)

At least I updated everyone after I found out it wasn't real :laughing7:

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least I updated everyone after I found out it wasn't real :laughing7:

And I will do the same. Not everyone on this site is retired with tons of free time

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not being disrespectful... just telling the truth....sorry you took it that way... I meant no harm...

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can tell by looking at the pic? Or do you mean in your hand? Just curious. I think, I could tell by looking at it close, but I can no way look at a pic and tell. If you can tell by the pic, what are you looking for?

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought over the years, 1000's of Diamonds... I can tell by looking at the stone in person (with my naked eye) and by the mounting its in too... In 20 years of buying and selling Diamonds I was only wrong 1 time....

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to update the thread

I removed the stone from the ring. And then lost it.

But I can tell you this. I belive it too be fake. I started testing every real stone I could find. And there is a major differnece between the way a real stone reacts to the handheld tester as this stone did

Real stones have the bar graph fly all the way to the end. And it does it quickly. The fake stone made it to the red but did so a lot slower than any other stone I tested. And did not go as far into the red as any other real stone

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread