The sovereign GT sniffs out more old coins...

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    687 KB · Views: 103
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    704.2 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 13

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you and ED are unbelievable with those nicks. It's cool that lots skip over them and you boys clean house

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It ought to be pretty hot at gold too, I have noticed your nickle finding abilities are very high. Great finds.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There used to be a fellow from Indianapolis on here that used the Soverign when he door knocked. He always posted old silver and jewelry. It must be a great machine! You just helped prove that.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be a fellow from Indianapolis on here that used the Soverign when he door knocked. He always posted old silver and jewelry. It must be a great machine! You just helped prove that.
The BEST IMO!
Park Pirate, I would be lucky to find any 1 of those coins in 6 months. Nice job!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! Congrats! If anyone can find a chest of gold it would be you!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MINELAB Sov GT is one of the best for saltwater beaches too. Sov GT.PNG Except for not being waterproof, it's as good as an Excal II. An it is way better than the ATP for finding gold rings IMO.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not used my SOV. for a while . I have to admit i think I found more nickels with the SOV. than I do with my EXp. But I seem to do a little better on silver with my EXP SE PRO than the SOV. . Nice finds Pirate ! MaineRelic

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice V nickels.

Does the Sov. null out like the Etrac and CTX over large objects?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice V nickels. Does the Sov. null out like the Etrac and CTX over large objects?
It nulls on any iron when in disc mode. It has a great all metal mode but no tone variation like the E or CTX with an open screen. I've had all three and the Sov is my all time favorite for several reasons, turn on and go being the most important, perfect balance, hipmountable, and of course the sweet tones it has on mid conductors and silver.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! What awesome coin finds!
I have so far only used my Sov GT on our salt water beaches and am super impressed!!
I know every area is different, but do you use a "basic" set up when hunting the dirt/turf?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be a great machine! You just helped prove that.

Slight disagree, all that was proved was that he is VERY good at finding spots that have nickels. ;)

And, to that end, I'd like to add my kudos to him for doing such a fine job of getting that done so well!

Last edited:
OP
OP
park pirate

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! What awesome coin finds!
I have so far only used my Sov GT on our salt water beaches and am super impressed!!
I know every area is different, but do you use a "basic" set up when hunting the dirt/turf?

My set up is discrimination three notches below nickel and sensitivity in auto,and its killer deep...

OP
OP
park pirate

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slight disagree, all that was proved was that he is VERY good at finding spots that have nickels. ;)

And, to that end, I'd like to add my kudos to him for doing such a fine job of getting that done so well!

Yes i am good at finding nickels,but the sovereign GT is outstanding at detecting them, and the meter is dead on many times i get tricked up on beaver tails and bullet shells thats why i dig some many...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread