Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting a sports field and got a solid 52 signal...another pulltab or nickel. It was shallow so I went to pop it out with my screwdriver and the end of a gold chain popped up. I pulled it out slowly and it was a bracelet. I saw the weird S shaped clasp and thought it was fake but I noticed it weighed twice what it should for its size and had a beautiful deep color. When I got home I saw that the clasp was marked...with my loupe I could see .9999 stamped on it. I told my wife that there was no way it could be pure gold. I tested with acid starting with 14k and it passed...then the 18k and it held strong...that's when I started to get excited... I tried the 22k and after a minute it was still holding strong...I couldn't believe it...9.7 grams of pure 24k...its 8 inches long...I didn't even know they made 24k bracelets but researching I found several examples on the internet and E BAY...I think its Thai gold...aint this a great hobby...good luck to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    375.8 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
Upvote 43

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
First off, Awesome find, lookindown!

Second...to the guy that passes up penny signals with his at gold...may wanna rethink that as the only .9999 pure gold item I have found is a folded in half religuous pendant that hit JUST LIKE A PENNY. Another detectorist I know has a gold ring marked .9999 and it hits in the 80's and high tone on my at series machines (pro and gold) and hits like a silver quarter on his minelab. The pendant I found hit a high tone too so I'm a little surprised that this hit at at nickle and mid tone.

And, lastly, .9999 gold jewelry is easily sold at higher than 95% melt so post 41 is about as important as some other posts of his.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A beautiful piece of Thai Baht jewelry. The clasp if it wasn't bent would have the distinctive "W" snake shape.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A beautiful piece of Thai Baht jewelry. The clasp if it wasn't bent would have the distinctive "W" snake shape.
Thanks Susan...There are two types of clasps they use on these chains...mine is bent but its not the W type your thinking of, its more like an S.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sensational!

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!
What a nice chunk of gold
Way to go!

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Good for you! You deserve it. It takes time and a lot of digging to find gold in the hole like that. Like it's always being said, you have to dig the trash to dig the treasure. Go LookingDown and as we know the AT Pro kicks some serious arse. :goldbar:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What soccer field was that again. Lol.Congrats

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold is always golden, schweet find

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a dream find for sure! We got the "No Treasure Zone" thing here but will keep on detecting anyways, LOL !!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First off, Awesome find, lookindown!

Second...to the guy that passes up penny signals with his at gold...may wanna rethink that as the only .9999 pure gold item I have found is a folded in half religuous pendant that hit JUST LIKE A PENNY. Another detectorist I know has a gold ring marked .9999 and it hits in the 80's and high tone on my at series machines (pro and gold) and hits like a silver quarter on his minelab. The pendant I found hit a high tone too so I'm a little surprised that this hit at at nickle and mid tone.

And, lastly, .9999 gold jewelry is easily sold at higher than 95% melt so post 41 is about as important as some other posts of his.

Sounds like I'm just gonna have to pull EVERYTHING I get a tone on. Getting my sand scoop via UPS tomorrow. Can't wait to hit the (DRY :( ) sand... that'll help ALOT at the beach. At the grassy parks, it's rough to pull EVERY signal but I know.... no trash, no treasure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like I'm just gonna have to pull EVERYTHING I get a tone on. Getting my sand scoop via UPS tomorrow. Can't wait to hit the (DRY :( ) sand... that'll help ALOT at the beach. At the grassy parks, it's rough to pull EVERY signal but I know.... no trash, no treasure.
Some places are so trashy that its hard to dig every target. You just have to figure out whats fun for you. Sometimes when Im hunting sports fields and parks, I only go after targets that I can pick up with my pin pointer...I just poke em and pop em up. I know Im missing some good targets that are deeper but its fun and fast and I do it to have fun. That's what I was doing when I found this bracelet. You will figure out whats best for you.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well it's fun to a degree. Two weeks of busting my tail and I have about 22.00 in change, one silver (I think) ring and a tan. It's funny when you go to a park and search like mad and walk out with like 4 dollars MAYBE then go to Jack in the Box, order a lunch and it's like 8 bucks. Really puts the hard work into perspective. As the old ugly fat woman once said, "Where oh where is my wedding ring?"
I went out today to a local park. 2.00 in coins. I went there with the mentality of going after anything in the 50 + range. For a Garrett AT that mostly means poptops and tabs (50-60)- nickels (55-60)-pennies (65-80)-dimes (80ish) and quarters in the 84 and up... I put my discretion to option 2 (weeding out anything under 44), kept my iron audio off until i got a hit then would use it to discrem. 14 tabs,3 pant buttons, a zipper head, 2 crushed beer can pieces, 1 dog tag, 2 toy cars, 17 pennies, 5 nickels, 8 dimes, and 3 quarters. 2.00 for 4 hrs of work (about 60 digs). That damn penny factor is what wears on you.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread