VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you read our posts, you know we are assessing the last camp of the “U.S. Camp Triangle”. This is the most Southern camp of the three & the most hunted. The landowner said there were trees on the site when he bought it. He had them bulldozed, piled, & burned. There are many solid iron signals in the soil. The earlier hunters with the older machines apparently ignored the iron. Doug had the best find yesterday with a real nice high convex coat size Eagle “I” Infantry Officer’s button with intact shank. My best find was an iron cleaning jag that went on a ramrod. It had a slot where a piece of cloth would have been folded into to clean/oil the barrel. Our finds are shown on the blue towel.
I went back today to further survey the entire camp location. I dug the usual iron relics, a dropped .58 with ramrod impression, and brass end from a pocketknife as shown on the tan towel. I first thought the "pliars' looking iron relic was an iron bullet mold but I doubt it. My assessment is that we put this one on the back burner for now. Happy Thanksgiving from the Tennessee Trio.
My CW Relics for 2014=458

Attachments

• DSCN1379.JPG
    DSCN1379.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN1377.JPG
    DSCN1377.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 169
  • DSCN1385.JPG
    DSCN1385.JPG
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN1383.JPG
    DSCN1383.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Upvote 7

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Johnny (Will see if Dman brings it back so I can make a pic).
Dawg, you've been a good friend as well. HT & HH, Q.
Thanks Bird, PW, MT4, Nancy (Coilygirl), & DV. HT & HH to you diggers.
BB, we know you have been busy coordinating & directing college & Church choirs. Hope you can get out & dig soon. I need to see some Spanish silver. I hope your Dad digs the first gold coin down there. We REALLY enjoyed meeting him at your wedding. Happy thanksgiving to you, Molly, & Shane. HH, Q.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Well done guys. :thumbsup: Congrats to Dman on the Eagle "I". Great find!
Thanks for shooting the videos Q. Much appreciated.
That Dman even l@@ks good in his ski instructor outfit. Looks like snow fell on his upper lip too. :tongue3:
-NC Dug-
P.S. I enjoyed your article in W&ET mag.
I can teach you how to ski uphill without skis and I think you may be just a little jealous of my upper lip. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread