Wowza, what a Hunt

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rained all day Saturday and I was unable to hunt. Sunday, around noon, after it dried up a bit, A friend & I got out to dig some dirt. first couple of spots were too dry (No Finds) and we switched gears to find better ground. right off the bat, I found a nice 44"D" Mercury Dime about 5 inches deep, so we knew this was a better spot :). Short time later we both scored Silver just about the same time, I scored a 1935 Washington and he scored a Sterling Silver Pendant. I was trying out a new set of Wireless Headphones (The Rapoo H3070's), and even though the ground was difficult due to so much moisture, they actually worked fairly well....more testing will need to be done to see if they are a waste of money though, but so far, I love them.

After my Buddy got going on some great finds himself, I got a 4 inch deep 12-46 type of numbers on my Etrac (I was in TTF), out pop's another Silver Washington, I thought, WRONG! I just found my 2nd ever Barber Quarter and I was pumped. a few moments later, I dig my OLDEST Silver Coin ever, an 1894 Barber Dime about 6 inches deep.

For the whole day, I didn't score a wheat penny until they last 20 minutes of the hunt, WOW. I also had a couple of really cool finds as well, including a Military Button, a Save a Stop Car Wash Token and an Army Majors Insignia Pin.... Here are a few pics for you to take a look at, Thanks for looking, DirtDiga, aka' Looknforgold

All Finds were found using my 5x10 SEF Coil and protected with my CoinTOTE
2l3vox.jpg

bdpl6q.jpg

24gtute.jpg

i53ath.jpg

Upvote 5

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is a successful hunt. Congrats on your new oldest silver.

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn! I gotta get me a detector and get out to do the same...
nice finds you have there!:thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Super nice finds my man. Love all of the old silver. GL&HH!

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats beautiful hunt

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonderful hunt with lots of shiny silver. Gotta love a day like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions