Absolutely Stunning Semi Key Indian

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at my 1831 farm site. After working this property pretty hard over the last two years I was amazed to pull this little beauty. The cherry picking is finished, in TTF with the E-trac moving very slow, I was able to sort this out of the heavily iron infested signals. It was actually about 15 feet away from the 1/2 Reale I found two days earlier and I know I have passed over/missed them both several times. Many times I have left the farm discouraged with nothing, thinking it's hunted out, then on consecutive trips I find the Reale and this little beauty. When door knocking fails, I always have plan B and now I'm convinced it's not hunted out, just very slim pickins.
Thanks for looking, Bill

Attachments

• photo (18).JPG
    photo (18).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 277
  • photo (17).JPG
    photo (17).JPG
    91 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 40

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They do ring up like Zincolns on the E-trac, I don't know about other detectors. Depends on where I'm hunting whether or not I dig. City parks, shallow I usually pass, if they're deeper I dig. Old farm houses I always dig shallow or deep. A lot of times on the e-trac they will come in at 01-30/31 and that is usually a dead giveaway that it's not a zincoln.

Same with the V3i. If your in a spot that's old enough or if it's deeper it's a good chance it could be an Indian. I ignored the zinc signals at first and its a big mistake. A whole bunch of goodies come in the zinc range.

USMC18

Nov 3, 2014
Chautauqua County NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is the most beautiful coin I have ever seen come out of the ground!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No place is hunted out. Persistence pays off. I have returned to small sites year after year

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shape I have a couple that are almost in that shape but not quite as good. Love those green Indians when they are in the hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread