Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I just am not able to stay away from the High School.:laughing7:

September started FootBall practice,I was plugging along when one of the Coaches told me one of the boys had lost an Italian Horn,He showed me the general area,I have hit it since then quite a bit....well...lo and behold I finally found it...a strange Foil signal bouncing from 0 to +24 (on my machine that is) now I have to find out who the boy is,I'm looking forward to giving it back to Him.....better than finding it!:laughing7:

A cool Mexico Silver ring..season ain't over yet. Not my LAST hunt...my last hunt!

GOD Bless

Chris

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    466.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    448 KB · Views: 126
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    438.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 9

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice find,you'll make some kids day when you give that back.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! I recently found and returned a class ring. Couple weeks later I dug my tree coin and cob. If you believe in karma as I do, you may have a big surprise in your future my friend. Great job

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4 1/2 years and this is the first time I get to give back ANYTHING....gonna be a rush for sure!:laughing7:

I would think so,,funny story for you..i was detecting my girlfriends parents yard & recovered a silver i.d. bracelet with my girlfriends mothers name on the back & her first husbands name on the front,when I showed mom what I found she told me I could put it back in the hole!lol,,guessin she lost dat lovin feelin!,least I got a chunk of silver.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think so,,funny story for you..i was detecting my girlfriends parents yard & recovered a silver i.d. bracelet with my girlfriends mothers name on the back & her first husbands name on the front,when I showed mom what I found she told me I could put it back in the hole!lol,,guessin she lost dat lovin feelin!,least I got a chunk of silver.

Man did I grin wide on that one!:laughing7:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back to the High school today to find the Boy that lost the Italian Horn,had a nice chat with the Ladies in the office about our hobby,they both were very thrilled I was returning it...one even said"good karma for that." After calling the Athletic Director She got the Boys name....Chris...His last name started with the letter M...so does mine.

She paged Chris to the office (He no idea why,I'm sure He some some wild thoughts too) then asked Him if He had lost anything...He said an Italian Horn during practice,then the Lady told Him that I MD for a hobby and had found it,well........that Boy got a grin from ear to ear,shaking my hand He said"Thank you so much"I told Him it was my pleasure.

First thing I have EVER been able to return.......man what a rush!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the High school today to find the Boy that lost the Italian Horn,had a nice chat with the Ladies in the office
about our hobby,they both were very thrilled I was returning it...one even said"good karma for that." After calling the Athletic Director She got the Boys name....Chris...His last name started with the letter M...so does mine.

She paged Chris to the office (He no idea why,I'm sure He some wild thoughts too) then asked Him if He had lost anything...He said an Italian Horn during practice,then the Lady told Him that I MD for a hobby and had found it,well........that Boy got a grin from ear to ear,shaking my hand He said"Thank you so much"I told Him it was my pleasure.

GOD Bless

Chris
I LOVE this part of our hobby. Great job man. Now go dig that Banner find that you deserve. The karma bank is full

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the High school today to find the Boy that lost the Italian Horn,had a nice chat with the Ladies in the office
about our hobby,they both were very thrilled I was returning it...one even said"good karma for that." After calling the Athletic Director She got the Boys name....Chris...His last name started with the letter M...so does mine.

She paged Chris to the office (He no idea why,I'm sure He some wild thoughts too) then asked Him if He had lost anything...He said an Italian Horn during practice,then the Lady told Him that I MD for a hobby and had found it,well........that Boy got a grin from ear to ear,shaking my hand He said"Thank you so much"I told Him it was my pleasure.

GOD Bless
Chris
Making returns is my favorite part of the hobby...nothing like seeing the persons face when they see their lost jewelry...Ive been lucky enough to find seven rings for people at the beach, a couple of them lost the ring the day before...in my four years of detecting, returns have been the most rewarding part of it.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and return Chris!

That proves out my testing also, gold reads as foil the VDI # depends on the size of the item.
Was the VDI #'s all even or did it register odd and even #'s?

The first gold item I found with my M6 was a lost gold wedding band for my neighbor! I'm still looking for some gold I can keep!

We still have time to hunt, your banner item is still waiting for you!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds and return Chris!

That proves out my testing also, gold reads as foil the VDI # depends on the size of the item.
Was the VDI #'s all even or did it register odd and even #'s?

The first gold item I found with my M6 was a lost gold wedding band for my neighbor! I'm still looking for some gold I can keep!

We still have time to hunt, your banner item is still waiting for you!

I don't recall....and I sure can't check it now.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread