Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: YESTERDAY's SOLO FINDS...........

Wow those relic finds look fun.Question do you have to turn those and the coin in because of the age?

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

aa battery said:
Wow those relic finds look fun.Question do you have to turn those and the coin in because of the age?

Simple answer - No.
The 1996 Treasure Trove Act covers coins or artefacts that are over 300 years old & contain at more than 10% Silver or Gold. This does not include single Gold or Silver coins. There are more boring details which I haven't covered but this is basically it.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now there's some items you don't see everyday.
Nice finds!

smudger

Apr 9, 2007
uk
Detector(s) used
dfx.10x6dd coil

youre doing well, keep it up.

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350

hey dug i'm taking my dad upstate ny this weekend and he wants to bring his fishing pole now i don't think we'll find any roman coins but i'll take some colonial coins congrats and as always hh

dylan

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

savant365 said:
Great finds, but where the heck are the pictures of the fish?????

Here's one I named Tango.

I can name them as it my own Private fishing Lake & no-one else fishes it or has caught them before. I spotted the lake whilst detecting & asked the farmer.

Attachments

• 15-04-07 (Tango).JPG
    15-04-07 (Tango).JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 416
OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

dgaughan said:
nice looking fish is it a good eating fish?

Probably, but I promised the farmer I would return them. Plus I want to grow them on to fight another day.

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

dgaughan said:
did it give you a good fight

Yeap, Carp are known for there fighting ability, very prized over here. But I know the US consider them rubbish fish.

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350

i haven't been a fisherman in along time the last thing i fought was a sandshark which would be a garbage fish any where

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dugfinds said:
dgaughan said:

Yeap, Carp are know for there fighting ability, very prized over here. But I know the US consider them rubbish fish.

That opinion is slowly changing. For 25 years I lived within 100 ft of the Susquehanna River. A few of us found that carp will take a VERY carefully presented nymph fly. They are decidedly harder to fool than trout and are extremely line shy. I have a 9 wt G. Loomis saltwater fly rod and an Ahab reel with disc drag and a 20 lb carp will put up more fight than any of the bass in that run by a factor of 10!

So, are "Archie" the anti-aircraft gunners?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice finds! Congrats!

Nan :)

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Charlie P. (NY) said:
dugfinds said:
dgaughan said:

Yeap, Carp are know for there fighting ability, very prized over here. But I know the US consider them rubbish fish.

That opinion is slowly changing. For 25 years I lived within 100 ft of the Susquehanna River. A few of us found that carp will take a VERY carefully presented nymph fly. They are decidedly harder to fool than trout and are extremely line shy. I have a 9 wt G. Loomis saltwater fly rod and an Ahab reel with disc drag and a 20 lb carp will put up more fight than any of the bass in that run by a factor of 10!

So, are "Archie" the anti-aircraft gunners?

I know carp are clever, & the strongest fish in fresh water over here. Archie's is short for archeologist.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

We don't all consider them "rubbish fish". They are actually very good to eat but because of all the small bones they need to be cooked in a pressure cooker. Then you take the meat (bones and all) and make patties out of it and fry them up however you like. And as far as putting up a fight, they are one of the most fun fish to try to catch. Nice catch.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Great finds, congrats. Fishing and MDing are very similar hobbies, never know what you might come up with. Cool digs!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread