After work at button hill gets me a Connecticut copper, KG III, 1853 half dime!!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys, button hill produces again! Went after work for a couple hours again and left off where I found 16 buttons and my Irish half penny. I found my 4th Connecticut copper from this site, this one is the first of the four that has a right facing bust. Then I finally ended my nearly 3 year seated coin drought! Got a nice 1853 seated half dime! Kept walking back and fourth and got another 84 vdi and low and behold my second colonial copper, a nice 1771 KG III. This is probally the best looking copper from here. Ended up with 5 buttons bringing my total to 248! This was a very fun hunt and maybe the coins will start popping out! Thanks for looking and HH!

ForumRunner_20141212_191515.png

ForumRunner_20141212_191531.png

ForumRunner_20141212_191555.png

ForumRunner_20141212_191608.png

ForumRunner_20141212_191623.png

ForumRunner_20141212_191637.png

Upvote 15

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT coin and button finds, and that KG III is a real beauty!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Now I am very jealous! Congrats!

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Connecticut copper was about an inch in the ground. Was very shocked to see it was a copper. Read like a dime on the F75.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn you Matt! That is an awesome day brother and I bet you're psyched to yank out some nice coins among all the buttons. That KG is a beauty and I love the Ct coppers. Old silver doesn't suck either bro. Congrats on another awesome hunt. I'm a bit jealous of that incredible site :-) but I'm very happy for you and cous

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn you Matt! That is an awesome day brother and I bet you're psyched to yank out some nice coins among all the buttons. That KG is a beauty and I love the Ct coppers. Old silver doesn't suck either bro. Congrats on another awesome hunt. I'm a bit jealous of that incredible site :-) but I'm very happy for you and cous

Thanks brotha. Very blessed to have this site. Don't know if there will ever be another like it.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic coins! And who knows, now that you've cleaned a bunch of the buttons out you might start hearing more high tone signals. I hope you do and that the site keeps going and going.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, I really want one of those half dimes. The more you pull out of the way the more coins you are going to find. You have a great site, good luck in the future.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It must be nice see the ratio of button/coinage taking a turn now at the site, congrats on the coppers and breaking your long seated dry spell, 3yrs is a longtime! Nothing close to the 1yr serious dry spells like up here in the northern parts that are spoken about.:)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I guess it's been mentioned a few times over the course of your "adventures" at this particular site, but man is is freekin crazy the amount of buttons.

You may have mentioned this before too, but about how big an area are we talking in sq. ft. /acres / miles ?

Congrats pulling out a silver, frankly I wasn't expecting it, as I'm expecting you weren't either.

To quote Abe "old Silver doesn't suck"

Your still finding as many buttons there in an after-work hunt as I ever find on a best day. and at that I'll say that site is still no where near done.

Good luck out there.

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I guess it's been mentioned a few times over the course of your "adventures" at this particular site, but man is is freekin crazy the amount of buttons.

You may have mentioned this before too, but about how big an area are we talking in sq. ft. /acres / miles ?

Congrats pulling out a silver, frankly I wasn't expecting it, as I'm expecting you weren't either.

To quote Abe "old Silver doesn't suck"

Your still finding as many buttons there in an after-work hunt as I ever find on a best day. and at that I'll say that site is still no where near done.

Good luck out there.

The property itself is 30 acres. The hot spots are anywhere from 50 by 50 square feet and the biggest being about 100 by 100. There are 5 main hot spots with a small field that's about an acre with scattered relics.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The property itself is 30 acres. The hot spots are anywhere from 50 by 50 square feet and the biggest being about 100 by 100. There are 5 main hot spots with a small field that's about an acre with scattered relics.

THANKS, that does help me a lot to visualize it. 30 Acres is a lot of ground to cover with an 8" coil (on average).

I guess being that there are a "few" hot spots on the one property is helping the numbers. I think it might have came up before about an encampment being there, that would make sense. In any case great spot, and as was once told to me enjoy it while it lasts, as these "don't grow back" . Oh and haven't I learned that is the painful truth this year with no decent new sites discovered.

That said I still think your OK for a good while yet. And even though you have had some very good finds, with the numbers your still getting, there is a very good chance that the BEST is still waiting for you.

Awesome site, I'm happy for you.
Good luck on your next visit.

Rick

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. We first acquired permission to the property next to it which held a lot of great stuff just not the insane quantity. The entire area is rich in history. It's just a matter of going on to the next when this place dries up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread