Sunday I found clad and another "large" furry one!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it out to the new school but hunt time was only an hour, just clad.
A guy in a small white car with his dog drove in and went to the far side of the parking lot to a grassy area. The local police also drove in and checked me out, I waved but his windows were darkly tinted so couldn't tell if he waved back or not.

I heard barking somewhere behind me figured the guy was walking around with his dog. A few minutes later this huge dog (his back is waist high he's the size of a small horse!)walks around from the side and sniffs around where I'm digging, I talked to him called him "puppy" (gets 'em every time!). He trotted off and I continued my "gold" quest.

A couple minutes latter this giant dog returns with a four foot long tree branch in his mouth, he wants to play fetch! I tossed it a few times but it's not going too far, I needed to be a javelin thrower to hurl that branch! It's about the same size as my detector rod, I was hoping my large friend didn't decide to grab my detector instead. Confident he had won that round my large furry friend trotted off toward the white car that brought him.

Time for me to go any how. Never once did the guy who brought the dog get out if the car to play with him. He was very friendly and huge!

Well that makes 3 dogs I've found! I did not realize I had a "furry" option on my detector! I should have ask him where the gold was buried! Lol!

Best of luck and happy hunting to all! You just never know what you'll find!

Upvote 9

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too always seem to run into dogs when I'm out and about with my detector. The only thing any of them ever want is some attention and some of what I'm usually eating. Good luck on you gold search.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had several doggies investigate my plugging(I NEVER use the word DIG):laughing7:

Just gotta watch out for the poo!!:laughing7: I'm waiting for it to warm a bit...back to the park I go.

GOD Bless you and the Mr.

Chris

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dogs are pretty neat they investigate what your doing and then leave unlike some 2 legged pests!

You are right Chris plug is a better word our fellow inhabitants will be less offended if we are doing that! Lol! It never changes, they fear what they don't understand.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really enjoyed that one MSB. We hunted one place a few years that was owned by a friend & he had a puppy. Each time we would kneel down to get a target, the puppy would worry us to death. Doug solved that by lightly tapping the puppy on the head with his coil. Didn't help-LOL. HH, Q.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cjon and I hunted a permission a couple months ago that had a large dog. Chris would yell " Hey, call the dog! " when he wanted to dig because every time we'd bend over or kneel, the friendly hound would be in your face, lol. He thought it was quite a game, running from Chris in the front yard to me in the back!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never once did the guy who brought the dog get out if the car to play with him. He was very friendly and huge!

Actually, I have a small problem with this. The double standard we live under. It's ok, to bring a dog to a park, set him free to roam and do his duty wherever they feel. But, let one of us dig up a piece of trash and we're all but crucified for ruining the park! I guess the city IS saving money on fertilizer. (Although I don't see why! They always have plenty on hand down in city hall! )

Also, I have been positively scared to death a few times, by dogs out for their "walk". Once I'd just looked up and into the faces of two pit bulls. They were barely 3 feet away!! I gotta admit, I pulled my digger from it's sheath and held it in a combat ready position. The owner thought it funny that I got surprised like that, until I told him my lawyer has a dim view of scofflaws. (we DO have a leash law).

Add that clad up! You just might be surprised!

Keep at it, as long as you can!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-x, yep I think the dogs realize we are having fun and want to join in!

Old Dude-dogs love it when we are digging holes in the ground and want to join right in the fun!

WHADIFIND- ya there was a sign clearly posted " no dogs", and to add insult to injury the police car was only interested in checking me out...the "evil one" with the metal detector out to destroy the world one clad coin at a time! Lol!

Hubby has a ton of therapist and doctor appointments and work picked up before Christmas. So I don't get a lot of TNet time or detecting. I hope to get an hour in Sunday morning even with the snow predicted. Yep I'm addicted! Lol!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
-dogs love it when we are digging holes in the ground and want to join right in the fun!

Ain't that the truth? I have been taking my 2 with me to a field this week. I always fill my holes in, even in fields. A few times, I saw the little helpers had dug my " fills " back out!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
-dogs love it when we are digging holes in the ground and want to join right in the fun!

Ain't that the truth? I have been taking my 2 with me to a field this week. I always fill my holes in, even in fields. A few times, I saw the little helpers had dug my " fills " back out!

Diggin dogs....yes sir!:laughing7:

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 62

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I take my dogs if they have room to run w/o bothering people... and, yes, they want to dig, dig, dig!!
Mine un-dig my holes too... spoileds 013.JPG

They go ALMOST everywhere with me...

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dogs are the only animals on the planet that want and need our friendship. I love dogs. Grats on making a new friend, Msbeepbeep!

Btw, the word plugging doesnt resonate with me. I'm a digger. Being the consummate MDer that I am, I never mention digging to my prospects. In true MDer style, I speak generally, saying "rescue" or "unearth", but between us its DIGGER DIG DIG DIG! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND- ya there was a sign clearly posted " no dogs", and to add insult to injury the police car was only interested in checking me out...the "evil one" with the metal detector out to destroy the world one clad coin at a time! Lol!

And well they might! After all. didn't you know that by removing that layer of clad from the Earth, it is WE, who are causing the global "warming" crisis!!??

About being addicted? I heard a rumor that they're gonna shut down this site. Reading about all those goodies is simply to much of a temptation!

My prayers are still in play for your hubby and you!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dude I miss our German Shepard greatly he was a love and extremely protective.

Worldtalker -Digging dogs maybe an answer to bad knees! I have often wanted to train my daughter's dog to sniff out paper money.

Outdoorfunblonde-great protection no one walks up on you! Those two look like it's game on!

Great pic Higgy! Yes we dig digging but have to mind our P's & Q' in public, lest we scare them! God forbid they ever have to admit we find things that enhances historical knowledge!

WHADIFIND- lol! That's the first I've heard we are the culprits in global warming! Oh say it in't so, no T Net! Talk about ripping our hearts out! Thank you so much you have no idea how much it has been a comfort.

Thanks you all for your support! I appreciate it. If I ever post a single coin and tell you it has friends, we will all do the happy dance!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always come into contact with dogs I can remember one time a dog was trying to bite my coil I guess he didn't like the way I was swinging :laughing7: and then the owner called the dog good thing coils are expensive...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions