3 MORE COINS FROM SITE! COB, CUT SPANISH & 1682 DUTCH 1/2 STUIVER!

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was a great day all the way around! Weather, finds, permission! :headbang:

After talking to the farmer and getting permission to mow down an unused field i've wanted to re-detect (confirmed early 18th century site) I headed back over to my beaten to death colonial site - the only one I have right now that I can detect - for 3 1/2 hours of swinging.

I wanted to bring my camera to document but the last time i did that I broke it (hard on equipment) so I decided early on that if I found something good I'd take it home and "shoot" the reveal.

So, this day I decided to hunt the outer areas of the site and use the Deus w/ 13 x 11 coil. Reactivity 2/3, silencer 2, sens 80-85, full tones, disc 5, manual ground 88, 18 khz.

Immediately I got a faint whisper and out popped the cob. I saw the cross and stuck the clod in my pocket. All day long I wanted to look at that bad boy! lol. About 2 hours in I got a beautiful "tight" sounding 81 signal and saw the sliver in the clod. I knew what it was immediately and put the chunk of silty soil in my pocket. The rest of the day I just kept digging anything that resembled a decent tone. I was fooled by chunks of iron all day but who cares. At one point near the end of the day I lost my pinpointer and went looking for it. After I found it where I used it last :o) , it was time to roll on home so I made my way back to get my jacket i had shed earlier and my small coil. Thats when I popped out what I thought was a token but it fact after cleaning turned out to be a 1682 Groningen, Netherlands billon 1/2 stuiver! Thats got to be a scarce find for the East coast of the USA!

Sorry for all the pics but its mostly for the reveal...

CIMG4854.JPG CIMG4860.JPG CIMG4864.JPG CIMG4865.JPG CIMG4867.JPG CIMG4869.JPG CIMG4870.JPG

Upvote 5

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many ounces of beer did you get?

Great finds, great site, location, location, location. What was your TX power set on? I found my half Reale with my deus, and it was a great site also.
Good work slowing down and listening.
I have only used two different machines since I have been hunting,so I am probably wrong!but I would imagine no matter what machine you are using it is best to slow down in infested sites

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats CP! You have been really doing well lately. Best of luck to ya!

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the comments. Cant wait to get back to the area on Friday. So long as it doesnt rain heavily I should be digging more colonial stuff then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread