FINALLY!!! My first Indian head.

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My day started with a trip to the dr. everything looks good. So I hooked up with Texas Yankee, who was finally on my side of town. We went back to an empty lot we hit last year. I got there first and HOLY MOLY my first hit was this 1896 Indian head. Finally!! The medallion is santa maria. 1971 5 something from france. Of course i am focused on the penny.

20141218_132644.jpg

20141218_132703.jpg

Upvote 18

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the first IH! What's next my friend? Best part of this hobby is not knowing

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first IH, one of my favs, although I have only found one myself.

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! You will always remember finding your 1st Indian!! The first "Good" target I ever dug was an 1895 Indian, I found it before finding Silver. Happy for you, hope you find many more!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first one I found was at a house and I thought it was a wheat penny and didn't realize it till a week later. It was a 1903. Few weeks later I found one which was fairly deep at an old church. That was the only thing I found worthwhile there. It was a 1907. Then an hour later found a second on the edge of a walkway at a house dated 1906. It was a good 6 months before I found my next. I still don't find too many of them.

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one I found was at a house and I thought it was a wheat penny and didn't realize it till a week later. It was a 1903. Few weeks later I found one which was fairly deep at an old church. That was the only thing I found worthwhile there. It was a 1907. Then an hour later found a second on the edge of a walkway at a house dated 1906. It was a good 6 months before I found my next. I still don't find too many of them.

yeah i thought it was a wheat penny myself but then i saw the infamous SHIELD. LOL

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the IH hope many more to come. Every time I find one I get excited and know I'm on an old site. I found one a couple weeks ago and a few feet away was a perfect flint arrow head setting on the ground in the field. How ironic I thought.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first IH penny. I found my first one a few months ago. It was an 1864 and I was SOOOOO proud of that coin. I had it on the counter soaking in olive oil trying to slowly and methodically clean it. I heard a cat fight outside on the deck. I grabbed the red solo cup on the counter thinking it was the drinking cup. I filled it with water, ran outside, and threw the water at the cats. Of course I quickly realized I had just thrown my one and only IH penny away in the process. It is either in the yard, in the very heavy monkey grass, or under the deck. Carolina Tom said he would come up and find it. But he also said if he did he would keep it.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep, the floodgates have opened! Congrats! I saw it here, and for me it's true too, I will always remember where I found my first of most everything really old. Savor the moment.. Also like your other finds too, esp. the medallion. WTG! HH

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your first indian head! i look forward to mine some day.

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first IH penny. I found my first one a few months ago. It was an 1864 and I was SOOOOO proud of that coin. I had it on the counter soaking in olive oil trying to slowly and methodically clean it. I heard a cat fight outside on the deck. I grabbed the red solo cup on the counter thinking it was the drinking cup. I filled it with water, ran outside, and threw the water at the cats. Of course I quickly realized I had just thrown my one and only IH penny away in the process. It is either in the yard, in the very heavy monkey grass, or under the deck. Carolina Tom said he would come up and find it. But he also said if he did he would keep it.

Ahh Man what a bummer. I sure hope you do find it.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 1st IH!

wkrp43

May 24, 2013
western NC
Detector(s) used
F2...BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Other than a wheat, a 1900 IH was my first old coin.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

how come you don't take your detector and refind it? Just askin. lol

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice digs,congrats on the Indian,they are a nice coin to find.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahhh I recall this story.
I know you can find it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread