Big Eagle!

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had to drive downtown this morning so decided to call up my buddy car91rs. It happened he had a Dr appointment but would meet me up afterwards, so I decided to hit a little park in a secluded part of the city next to the border. The only thing separating Mexico is the dried up Rio Grande, railroad tracks and a huge fence, so about 50 yards. Well, while hitting the park some shady cholo start walking around the park pretending to pick up trash while another one takes a seat a stone throws away from me. I can tell he's sizing me up, so I the stop and glance at my six to see the wanna be trash picker while Mr. bird watcher pretends to be occupied. I decide to stare back pull out a cig light up and slowly pull my cell phone out to find out where car91rs is. I'm ready if these kats want to dance. I guess i must've scared then away cause as soon as pull out the cell they both scramble out of the park, and here I thought they wanted to be my friends. One of the times I decide to leave old faithful at home.

Well, back to the hunt... I get in touch with car91rs and he tells me his at an old spot (empty lot) we hit back in the summer. I tell him about my two friends and the $1.00 + in change I found. I eventually meet up with him and hit the empty lot. I can hear him hollering, OMG! Must be the mother load againg, lol! He see me and tells me he just found, what I thought was a silver dollar, only to tell me he finally found his first Indian penny... I give him a fist bump and tell him, about time! Needless to say, I get a high tone in the 90's. I immediately get excited as I pull out roundness the size of a silver dollar. I start hollering for car91rs to come take a look before I pick up and he tells me, it's some type of cover. No way! I say to him. He then comes back that it has an eagle. Oh yeah baby!!! At this point I'm in heaven thinking silver because that thing is heavy! Well, long story short, the item turned out to be bronze but not just any kind of bronze, but a WWI US Calvary Horse Bridle Rosette Eagle Bronze Copper.

Well, for a 30 min hunt in which it took me 10 min of that to find this little treasure it was a good day.

Enjoy the pic...

Upvote 10
OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418952787.184864.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418952799.206773.jpg
Oops forgot to post the pic!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!

And never leave Old Faithful at home.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's what I'm talking about NICE

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find Yankee! That baby is in beautiful condition.

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. Hey i took you to a place and made up for the other day. that a freakin awesome find. but i still love my IH. lol

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes you did bud!

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very nice find.Congrats.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been making some good finds lately ! That's a nice relic (will look good in a display case !)

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've been making some good finds lately ! That's a nice relic (will look good in a display case !)

Thanks Argentium, and I have the right case for it.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find, glad you were able to just use your phone. Just remember, sometimes the street urchins are packing too, that phone with the prospects that the peace officer might be on his way might of been a bigger deterrent?

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find, TY! Man, I sure couldn't detect in a sketchy spot like that. I lived in Del Rio in the late '70s, and never ever felt unsafe. Things were different back then. I mean you got a nice piece, but your story is scary like out of a crime movie. I guess its a natural part of living in El Paso. Your actions differ with the area you live.

Up here, I carry my Alaskan when I detect in the woods, and the small fields with woods close by. Lots of mountain lions, coyotes, and bears. Coyotes are big as dogs up here, travel and hunt in packs, and are the only coyote to have wolf DNA. A hiker was attacked and killed a couple years ago. Better safe than sorry I think.

I guess we aren't as different as I first thought. Choose your poison/choose your danger? Anyhow, I'm blathering. Great find! Grats!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great find. I started to read the post yesterday and got sidetracked. I saw the pic of it and wondered if it might be a rosette, then you confirmed it when I read this thread now. Glad you were able to scare away the punks. Usually when I see one like that, I make a point of staring at them and taking my Sidedigger out of it's sheath and holding it so it gets noticed. No problems yet!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a super find. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the success.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful rosette. Glad you were able to diffuse a potential problem and go on to have a great day detecting. Now, I have to ask myself the question. Would I be happier with the rosette or with the elusive IH penny. My answer obviously is yes, yes I would!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread