Finally Heard That Sweet Sound, Copper!!

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll it's been exactly 2 month's since I found my last 3 coppers. Headed back to the area I've been hitting that has produced, Barbers, V's, IH's, Wheaties, Buffalos, SLQ & The NY Municipal Police Buttons.

I was out last Sunday and snagged the 2 Barbers & 2 Wheaties as well as the Colonial Knee Buckle. Unfortunately I dropped my camera and retraced my steps but with the wind blowing the leaves around I had no luck finding it.

Took Thursday off from work with the hopes to find it, but to no avail. I gridded the site that's been producing the NY Municipal Police Buttons & snagged 2 more. This brings my total from this site to 4. Hopefully I can find more of the uniform (Badge or Buckle, would be nice ).

While gridding it I snagged 2 more IH's & 1 more V.

In the hopes of finding my camera I was in the area of a briar patch & then heard that sweet sound that was music to my ear, a sweet 1843 LC!

By the way the ticks are still out & about!

HH & Happy Holidays,
Roger

Attachments

• IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 113
  • IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 11

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love finding old coppers. You did ok on the silver too and finding both a Barber quarter and dime would make many people feel they had a good year. Very nice knee buckle to boot.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the copper but I have to say my favorite is the knee buckle - they are much harder to come by than most large cent.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first copper! I always get very excited to see a green copper disk in the dirt. Even getting that nice quarter signal at an old area makes me hopeful and suspenseful. I remember wanting to find a large cent so bad. I got to a decent spot and got a nice signal on my metal detector. I dug down 8" and used the pinpointer, it sounded on a big copper coin. I imdeitly grabbed it and screamed, "LARGE CENT!!!!" at the top of my lungs, there was a play ground 200 feet away so I'm guessing some people heard and thought some crazy guy was screaming about finding a penny lol. My digging buddy came and said, "It's probably a button." I told him the first thing I did was check for a shank and there was none, but there was a bust of some guy. At this point he was ecstatic too. In the car I saw the left facing bust of King George and though that it was a King George III. My digging buddy was sad because he wanted a large cent (he now prefers colonials by far). When I got home after rinsing it I was then made even more excited by reading the date of 1723, it turned out it was a King George I Irish Hibernia Halfpenny. That's the story of my first copper, since then I have found more but I will never forget that day.

Coinman123,

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coins, looks like u found a nice early site!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super finds! Any and all of those are always welcome under my coil!

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very awesome finds!

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys! It's a nice area with about 5 sites, which are all open & tons of room to swing.

They all seem to have been hit before except this one for some reason, no one could miss all these targets. 99% of the coins are all on 1 side of the house (not the main entrance). I'm going to see if I can contact the NY Library to see if I can track down the Man that lived here & see if I can find his records.

HH & Happy Holidays,
Roger

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't stand ticks ,
I KILL THEM