Thank You!

farmboy

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Eastern USA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm so happy to have found this forum, made me get on the ball about getting a detector and actually getting out looking... I have some pretty good sites on both my own land and land that is near me, I haven't even started really hitting the "good spots" and already pulled a fair amount of silver out of the ground, just a few dimes and quarters, but still, better than if I hadn't found it!

That made me start paying attention to my pocket change though, and that is where the real finds came from! Need to do a little more research on what I've got here before I go posting it, but this has been a good week regardless of whether they turn out to be high value or "low" value coins, that was just my pocket change from this week too... It seems like I'm on a run of luck here. Maybe beginners luck, but I'll take it!

I'll try to remember to snap a pic and put it up with the post, but I stayed up late looking around at different things and wanted to pop on and say a big thanks to you folks for this forum, it has opened up a new world to me that I'll be enjoying even if it doesn't stay 'profitable' like this week has been. :headbang:

Upvote 13

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently joined this site and feel the same exact way. I come on the page every day. It is definitely encouraging to look at other peoples finds and encouraging to get out there as much as I can so I can have some awesome things to post like others on this site do. Happy hunting and I look forward to seeing some of your finds in the near future. Take care, Mike

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Y'all, I've been doing this for 46 years, and I still get excited when I hear that sweet beep!! If you detect thinking you're going to get rich , you will quickly burn out. Never knowing what's going to be in the next hole, and the thrill of an occasional good find is what it's all about. As far as, clad we throw it all in a jar, when the jar is full that's enough to pay for a beach trip. It's amazing what we have put in the treasure chest over the years! Tony PS Don't throw it away before you know what it is:laughing7:

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your words of wisdom. I'm not in the hobby by no means to get rich. Silver coins and jewelry are nice to pull out of the ground when we can. It's the thrill of the hunt and not knowing what you are going to find is the enjoyment. There's no feeling like pulling out relics and coins over 100 years old that aren't even known to existence until you find them.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with y'all. As the evil Han would say in Enter the Dragon, "TN has my grrrattitude!" A great bunch of folks here and the moderators do a great job, too.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
this is a great forum, the guys and gals really want to help you to get better, glad to have you with us. gotta dig em one hole at a time (and fill them back in nice and neatly)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you've enjoyed Tnet so far. When I started last year I made it a point to ask the successful guys as many questions as possible. I admittedly was probably a bit annoying at times, with lots of rather stupid questions lol. But I learned a ton from these guys then I put it into practice in the field. Now I feel like I can actually contribute a few ideas on occasion and I learn a lot on my own. Keep researching and learning your machine and you will make incredible finds!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! It was also this site that launched me out back into the fields and yards, plucking great (sometimes not so great) stuff out of the ground. I got into this hobby about 15 years ago, and then something happened..twins..lol..but I got the itch this time last year and found this site. After seeing all the great things people were finding and sharing, plus all the great people in the forums, I eventually joined. Then springtime rolled around and the tax man was generous this year so I pulled the trigger on a shiny new machine and haven't looked back since. Each find, each high signal..excites me like it was the first. I am a quarter hoarder and love to hit all the soccer fields, ball fields and scoop them up by the dozens, when I'm not in an 1850's farm yard scratching around for silver and relics. So farmboy..fire that camera up and post some pics! I have not posted ANY pics here..as my archaic digital camera would not play well with the computer...BUT..I just picked up a shiny new Samsung S5 from Mr. Verizon...so look out T-Net!! I've got 10 months worth of finds to post!! ha..get that coil to the soil!...ddf

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmboy one more little bit of advice. Get yourself a journal and record every hunt. Whether it sucks or it's great. Put the date, site location, time spent, and area of site detected. Then record your finds as precisely as possible. Record the depths of your good recoveries and vdi # of every item. You will quickly figure out some correlations. Then take great pics. It's a lot of fun to see what's come from where and if you see the whole picture of every site you can usually learn a lot about the age and the activity of a site. Homestead, ferry landing, mill, etc. That said your ears are your best tool when detecting. You can basically tell a lot about depth, size, and other things. The journal part has helped me immensely. Bill D is another one who is very good at that aspect. Good luck out there

longislanddertfisher

Dec 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a newbie myself,couldn't agree more that the wealth of info to better my results is astounding and greatly appreciated!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmboy ,This site has been a God send for me, I'm in a place/time in my life where I can rarely get out for a hunt , so T-net has
become not only a school where I can learn a lot about coins, relics , jewelry , history ,etc. , but also a place where I can live
vicariously through the other members finds , pics , and stories - until I can get back after it myself . Welcome !

Last edited:

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmboy, Good Luck with the best addiction you will ever have. Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing your finds.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmboy, I also started out on this site. Good bunch of MDer's always willing to help. Good luck with your hunting. Will be looking forward to your future post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread