strike gold! *sorta*

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally found a ring. It only took 357 days of the year to find it. And the hunt was a miserable one. Mid 40s and steadily pouring rain. The holes filled with water as quickly as I dug them. Hitting a local park that has been worked really hard I get a hit reading 60 on my AT Gold. Ready to quit for a while I decided ok, this is the last puddle I create for the day. Digging away I keep getting a signal but just can't see anything. I layer my pin pointer down to reach in the hole a pull out another had full of mud but before I could I noticed the pointer going crazy on the ground. Sure enough I sat it down on a bent tiny ring. After cleaning it up I see the markings inside. Yay, gold sorta. Looks gold filled to me. What do you all thing? image.jpg

Upvote 2

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, filled. the mark means 1/20th of the total weight of the ring is gold

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's filled but a ring is still a ring. Rings are always good finds regardless imo. It means you're getting warmer.
Plus, you still have a few more days before your year is up.

You just never know what may turn up between now and then right??

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's filled but a ring is still a ring. Rings are always good finds regardless imo. It means you're getting warmer.
Plus, you still have a few more days before your year is up.

You just never know what may turn up between now and then right??

Very true. Finding a gold filed ring in a down pour still beats a day at work. Here in middle Tennessee one day we may have freezing rain and the next day it is sunny and 70 so hopefully I will be able to get many more days to hunt. I've only got about 20 hours on the AT Gold and it sure is a finicky one to get used to. At least here with all the red clay and rocks that glow in the dark. Having to constantly ground balance.

OP
OP
B

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received acid test kit today and it is confirmed to be filled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread