🥇 BANNER Once in a Lifetime Find!

vadigger89

Feb 8, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out digging on January 1, 2015 and made my best find ever, a Virginia Tongue in perfect condition! What a way to start the new year! I don't know if I will ever top this one, my hands were shaking sitting there holding it. You just never know what is coming out of the ground next, I sure wasn't expecting to ever find a Virginia Tongue but it happened. A memory that will last a lifetime. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• 20150105_195642[2].jpg
    20150105_195642[2].jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 1,747
Upvote 85

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you post a picture of the back of the buckle?? And does it have a bench mark? Great find!!

OP
OP
V

vadigger89

Feb 8, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will post a picture of the back later tonight. I cannot figure out how to post picture from my phone. And what exactly is a benchmark?

OP
OP
V

vadigger89

Feb 8, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back of Tongue

A picture of the back.

Attachments

• 20150105_204039[1].jpg
    20150105_204039[1].jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 123

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A benchmark is a set of numbers that would have been stamped in it when made. Normally in the back of the buckle. I found a wreath to a Va militia buckle in Dec. but it is different that yours. Just interested in seeing the back

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been a long time since I contributed but I had to come out of the shadows and say- very very nice!

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations that is a stellar save. it reminds me of the episode of Pawn Stars where they called in their expert and he said the oval CS did not exist. Yours is the first I have ever seen even in my book that buckle only exists as a sketch they have photos of all the others .

OP
OP
V

vadigger89

Feb 8, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations that is a stellar save. it reminds me of the episode of Pawn Stars where they called in their expert and he said the oval CS did not exist. Yours is the first I have ever seen even in my book that buckle only exists as a sketch they have photos of all the others .

Lol I saw that episode of pawn stars and was thinking that guy doesn't know what hes talking about. What book are you looking in? I found it in an older copy of steve mullinax confederate buckles book I borrowed from a friend of mine.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I saw that episode of pawn stars and was thinking that guy doesn't know what hes talking about. What book are you looking in? I found it in an older copy of steve mullinax confederate buckles book I borrowed from a friend of mine.

It's a book called Civil War collectibles or collecting the Civil War something along those lines can't quite remember the title.. I got the book for Christmas last year so it's a new book probably still in the book stores .

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The book does not list prices or anything it just simply identifies genuine Civil War relics. great book lots of pictures

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread