Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the old site that's been giving me some ancient stuff, found some more junk but none of it silver. There were a few more pieces of melted lead. And as you can see in the third picture there is some ancient carbonized wood embedded in this lead. What could have caused this?
Later hit an area nearer to the beach and found a keyhole and an old latch, maybe once part the same door that long ago rotted away. Also found what looks like to be lock to some ancient trunk. Maybe an old treasure chest lock :laughing7:

DSC08613.JPG
A piece of the melted lead with carbonized wood still embedded in it:
DSC08614.JPG DSC08615.JPG
Some melted glass, glaze, or pottery:
DSC08617.JPG
Iron keyhole and latch:
DSC08621.JPG
Part of an old trunk or chest:
DSC08622.JPG DSC08623.JPG
Modern junk (1967 US dime and a floral earring of some kind):
DSC08624.JPG

Upvote 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Knowing how you luck has been with finds lately a chest full of something is not out of the question.

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowing how you luck has been with finds lately a chest full of something is not out of the question.

Or maybe a week of finding nothing as a result of finding too much too quickly :laughing7:
I'm still pouring over websites on old English silver trying to figure out who made this thing.
Crusader said because this one was made in Exeter it it worth twice as much as the last one I found which was made in London.
Wish I could find out all the info on this thing but it is really hard to find information on a 300 year old obscure piece of silver table ware. Oh well. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread