Nickle Trifecta!!! Almost Silver Trifecta!!

Searchdeep

Jul 6, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a great weekend of hunting. We went to a couple of historic sites in N. Fl. The first find Sat. was a 1915 Buffalo nickel so I just knew it was going to be a great day. I spent the next 4 hours digging beer cans and pop tops and a penny here and there. We decided to call it a day, on the way out I went across this wet murky area and got a high clean hit, dug the plug and it started filling with ground water so i put the pin pointer in before it got totally filled with water and pulled out a cloudy white 1945 Mercury dime once it dried it turned black, very weird. Started again Sunday at a new spot. First find of the morning was a clean 12-47,48 at about 8" down and out pops a 1904 Barber dime! About 2' away from the Barber I got a 12-14 at about the same depth and out pops a 1903 V nickel!!! A couple of feet away got a 12-30, dig the plug and come up with a gilt flat button pretty toasted and I cant make out the writing on the back but pretty cool. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422236156.374072.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422236172.991369.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422236203.676078.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422236218.409850.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422236236.629461.jpg We took a break after a couple of hours of hunting. After lunch found a early 1910 - 20's Sterling Silver silk thread winder, pretty cool! Found a few more odds and ends including a live REM-UMC .300 SAV round from early 1900's. My last find of the day was a 12-13, dug the plug and out pops a 1985 Jefferson nickel! Trifecta of nickels!!! Anyhow it was a great weekend!!! I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Upvote 9

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the success.

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pictures......and excellent mix of finds.....thanks for sharing......keep us posted of future finds and Good Luck.

HH to all......Bill

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great assortment of finds, of great finds at that. I'd say pretty cool too! congrats

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I started a thread once that asked if anybody ever have a coin come out of the ground with a shine and have it tarnish right before your eyes, like it happened to you. Most people said no and very few said yes. I it happened to me, lol.

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! The nickels are beauties. They don't come out of the ground like that here in Northeast Pa

OP
OP
Searchdeep

Searchdeep

Jul 6, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I started a thread once that asked if anybody ever have a coin come out of the ground with a shine and have it tarnish right before your eyes, like it happened to you. Most people said no and very few said yes. I it happened to me, lol.

Yeah, when I first saw it I could tell it was silver then it had a white milky look to it and it didn't take long for it to turn black. I have had coppers come out with mud and dirt on them and then turn green as they got cleaner and dryer. The mercury dime is pretty eaten up, the ground it was in was not good to it. LOL

OP
OP
Searchdeep

Searchdeep

Jul 6, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! The nickels are beauties. They don't come out of the ground like that here in Northeast Pa

It all depend on where you find it down here. This is my second Buffalo, the first one took me a month of soaking it in olive oil to even be able to get the slightest detail out of it. The dirt either preserves it or eats it depending on location I am digging. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread