a new bullet for me (I think) and a question for the Deus XP user

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out to a new site today and came home with what I think is a new bullet for me. I think this is a 54 caliber garibaldi. Only problem is the base has some sort of stem instead of the concave cavity. Any bullet experts opinions are welcome. Also found an interesting old home site but it's FULL of trash. What do all you other Deus users set your machine at to hunt trashy areas? I've not been able to figure out how to best configure it for this kind of hunt. Thanks in advance for the input!
garibaldi12515.png garibaldi212515.png indhed1908.jpg indhedobvrs12515.png chimne12515.png

Upvote 7

ronr

Dec 26, 2010
Central Va
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like it was in a fire and began melting. I've found many 3 ringers where the cavity drops down like that when it begins to melt

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Really like the old fireplace picture thanks for sharing.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great finds, hopefully someone will chime in on the XP

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Yeah, its a Garabaldi/Cacarno bullet from the Civil War.
Wish we could dig these at western theater CW site.
Nice find!

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Diggervet - NICE! hey, is that chimney on the Northern Neck? I won't get more specific but thought I recognized it . . .

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you'll send me a PM I will give you the setting for a very good high trash program.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Program3 or P3, should do well in trashy areas. Even with disc 68, I've not missed many good finds, but if you want you can pull that down a bit to suit the site. Main thing is P3 is super fast & gets good target seperation.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH and that's a fine old chimney. It'd be nice to build a house around that.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This worked for me, but it is really hard to tweak without really being there. I have learned to find a signal and tweak it till it sounds right to get the settings right for that site. But this has done well for a starting point for me. It will find allot of stuff in a high iron area either way.

Disc-8.0
Sen-90 TX power 3 (if really really really loaded with iron TX 2 or 1, try 3 first)
Freq- 11.7
Iron vol-2
Re activity-3 Silencer -1 (minus 1)
Audio Re- 5 audio overload-1
Notch 97-99

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'll send me a PM I will give you the setting for a very good high trash program.

Whatca hiding Beez? lol ha. You do know you could have just PM ed him too right?

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE! I've been told that those are now known as Raleigh pattern bullets, as they were made at the Institute for the deaf, dumb and blind in Raleigh N.C. for the Confederacy. Never seen one with a base like yours though. Darn cool

OP
OP
diggervet

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try!
Program3 or P3, should do well in trashy areas. Even with disc 68, I've not missed many good finds, but if you want you can pull that down a bit to suit the site. Main thing is P3 is super fast & gets good target seperation.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice IHC.
One note on digging the trashy sites. Beware of thinking that the machine can figure out the trash. You gotta dig the trash to get the treasure. Sometimes the trash "covers" the good stuff, the only way to find the good stuff is to dig the trash out of the way.

The silver quarter that I dug yesterday had trash all around it. The Deus gave a little bit of high chirp, but the iron was blocking the good signal. After I removed a piece of rusty iron, and some can slaw, the quarter would hit high and clean. I bet that I have gone over that spot at least twice before, and decided not to dig that signal. Oops. I am just glad that someone else didn't dig it, after I passed on it... that would have made for a giant frown! GL&HH

OP
OP
diggervet

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good advice! Thanks!:icon_thumleft:
Nice IHC.
One note on digging the trashy sites. Beware of thinking that the machine can figure out the trash. You gotta dig the trash to get the treasure. Sometimes the trash "covers" the good stuff, the only way to find the good stuff is to dig the trash out of the way.

The silver quarter that I dug yesterday had trash all around it. The Deus gave a little bit of high chirp, but the iron was blocking the good signal. After I removed a piece of rusty iron, and some can slaw, the quarter would hit high and clean. I bet that I have gone over that spot at least twice before, and decided not to dig that signal. Oops. I am just glad that someone else didn't dig it, after I passed on it... that would have made for a giant frown! GL&HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread