Flabbergasted!...Gold ring #3 in 10 days!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have no idea what is going on but I managed to get my coil over my third gold target this year found in 3 different public parks and all within a span of 10 days.
First one was 22k with a name, second one was a 10k white and yellow combination with ice, this one is 2.5 grams of 14k yellow for the hat trick.
I guess I will look for something 18k and another marked .999 to complete the cycle.
Don't bet against me, with crazy luck like this you just might lose that bet. :laughing7:

Attachments

• PicsArt_1422371973308.jpg
    PicsArt_1422371973308.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 131
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 128
  • PicsArt_1422372974375.jpg
    PicsArt_1422372974375.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 19

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're definitely on a roll there! I remember a saying that good and bad things come in 3's, but I hope your G ring finds keep on coming!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Digger what were you swinging when you found these.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty simple. Before you were swinging a z pattern that was missing the rings before, now, the "z" is going over them. ;) LOL

WTG!

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Congrats! Digger what were you swinging when you found these.

F70...I put the standard elliptical back on this month and it found all 3 of these.
The Neena 22k ring came in at a solid 41, tabs...the combo 10k ring was a 31-32 nickel...and this one was smaller than the 10k ring but higher karat and came in as a solid 30-31.
The first one I thought I was going to dig a piece of can slaw, the other two I figured might be nickels.
All three were surprises, but gold always is when it pops up for me.

I knew the F70 is phenomenal at finding anything just about anywhere including gold, but it seems the elliptical coil is trying to prove something to me since I took off the large DD and put this one on.
I will keep it mounted for awhile longer...it deserves it.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that is great! It is hard to not be out swinging when gold is jumping out of the ground like that. TFS & HH!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome triple-play on the gold rings! Get your self back there the worms are cleaning house! Out goes the old gold!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't imagine finding 3 gold rings in such a short period of time. Fantastic job and congratulations!

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice, especially 22k, i never had one more than 18.

yup, I had a hot hand, around November. i too thought it was a new life phase...it wasn't. Gold is fickle.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Digger27,

You are on fire, keep the gold streak going!

Regards,

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digger, looks like you are on your way to another 12 gold ring year.

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Digger, looks like you are on your way to another 12 gold ring year.
That would be great, but if these are all I am fated to find I still consider this a great year and it is just beginning.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F70...I put the standard elliptical back on this month and it found all 3 of these.
The Neena 22k ring came in at a solid 41, tabs...the combo 10k ring was a 31-32 nickel...and this one was smaller than the 10k ring but higher karat and came in as a solid 30-31.
The first one I thought I was going to dig a piece of can slaw, the other two I figured might be nickels.
All three were surprises, but gold always is when it pops up for me.

I knew the F70 is phenomenal at finding anything just about anywhere including gold, but it seems the elliptical coil is trying to prove something to me since I took off the large DD and put this one on.
I will keep it mounted for awhile longer...it deserves it.

Are you still running this original or did you get the DST upgrade?

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Are you still running this original or did you get the DST upgrade?

I use an F70...not the F75.
Even though many suspect that Fisher could actually upgrade the F70 because it shares the same core "engine" as the F75 and the T2, both that are being offered upgrades, I don't think Fisher ever will.
It makes no sense from a retail perspective to upgrade a lower model with new features and elevate it to almost the status of a Flagship model.
That would be a sure way to numb or even kill sales on the top line, especially if the unit below it costs appreciably less.
As it is, woof has stated in posts on this forum that the marketing guys at FTP never wanted the word to get out very far about how good and capable the F70 actually is compared to the F75.
We who use the F70 and have seen what it can do know this already and we do try to spread the word, but the extra features on the F75 that are missing on the F70 are way cool and if someone has the bucks to purchase all the whistles and bells and wants the option to utilize those extra features who can blame them?
On other forums the F70 owners and the F75 guys do have lots of back and forth about the capabilities of both, mostly all done in fun and a joshing manner, but most of them begrudgingly admit we still seem to be able to find the goods with our "lesser" units.
Maybe one day I will get an F75 and all those extras, but right now I love everything the F70 can do and I discover more on almost every hunt, I don't miss what I don't have and never experienced using, and I seem to be doing pretty good with this thing, anyway.
I bought this unit on November 28th 2013, and as of today I have found enough clad and gold rings at melt value to buy a fully loaded F75 if I want to, if those rings are sold as jewelry instead of melt I could probably buy 2...or more.
Not to mention the silver and other old coins I have learned to find in some very difficult sites that other very experienced hunters with other top flight detectors never could.
Oops...I guess I just did mention it.

This detector has proved everything to me I hoped it would before I got it, and then surpassed all of it by over a million miles.
An upgrade would be nice, or at least an offer of one, but if that never happens I am pretty sure I will still be supremely happy and pretty darn productive without it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread