Finally got the detector out today, yes in the snow bank!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son came in and asked to use my pin pointer. Piquing my curiosity more than just a little (cause I'm the family MD'ing NUT, lol!) I gave it to him showed him how to turn it on, then asked what he needed it for.
Seems he lost his front truck plate in the snow bank yesterday while clearing snow from the blizzard. I told him he would have to be with in three inches with the pin pointer and the snow bank is 4 1/2 feet high and just as wide, and he may need to use my detector!. He grumbled something and went out the door with the pin pointer.

Twenty minutes later he came back in for the detector, I took it outside and ground balanced it showed him how to sweep it , told him it was going to be noisy because of over head power lines, but the plate would give a solid signal.

Now you know I can't stay in the house when there's any MD'ing going on! He was ready to give up, so I went out to help. I had him sweep it over a can to get an idea what the plate would sound like. He was trying the top of the opposite snow bank and got a signal, when he dug it up it was a beer can! :laughing7: He was dejected by that so I checked the rest of the snow bank, told him I didn't think it was here. As we are headed to the house he wipes the snow out of his front grill and finds the plate was shoved backwards into the space in front of the radiator!

So he found a beer can, and the plate, but I don't think he will be detecting any time soon! :laughing7:

Upvote 16

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story. You got more detecting in that most of us in the NorthEast

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can you detect in Fields park in Brockton?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread