1st "good" find

camanddad

Jan 29, 2015
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son got his detector for Christmas, he swings, I dig. So far we have been "practicing" on a field owned by some friends of mine. It is a fairly well used walk area between two major streets, and has had people on it like that for several decades. We had mostly found modern coins, and junk. Monday, however, he made his first real find. It is a token from a general store that was located about a mile from where we were looking. It is in pretty rough shape, but it is still legible. He is still buzzing about it.

token1.jpg token2.jpg

Upvote 19

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to the new MD'er! Nice find!
You never know what will turn up there!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool dude....when are you going to let Him dig? I see another machine in your future.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
C

camanddad

Jan 29, 2015
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool dude....when are you going to let Him dig? I see another machine in your future.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

When we get a little better at narrowing the spot and not having to dig such big holes, then he can dig. Right now the field we are walking is about 3 acres, and the owner said he didn't care if we dug craters, so it has been a good place to learn. Did pretty well Tuesday. Found 2 dimes and 5 pennies and of the 7, 5 were in the plug I dug. Getting a garrett pro pinpointer for his b-day in a couple of weeks too.

Yes, was already thinking dad needs a machine too.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When we get a little better at narrowing the spot and not having to dig such big holes, then he can dig. Right now the field we are walking is about 3 acres, and the owner said he didn't care if we dug craters, so it has been a good place to learn. Did pretty well Tuesday. Found 2 dimes and 5 pennies and of the 7, 5 were in the plug I dug. Getting a garrett pro pinpointer for his b-day in a couple of weeks too.

You guys have opened a whole new world.....BEST of hunting dude!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice token and a great start of the finds. Now isn't the best to have somebody to dig the holes for him, the dreaming of finding great things must be occupying some space since the token find.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET and the addiction that we all like to call a hobby

OP
OP
C

camanddad

Jan 29, 2015
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token and a great start of the finds. Now isn't the best to have somebody to dig the holes for him, the dreaming of finding great things must be occupying some space since the token find.

We're heading out after school today, and he is going to do some of the digging. I just wanted to make sure he knew how to dig in a way that was best to repair when done. Cool thing was I tracked down the grandson of the man who owned the store the token was from, and was able to send him pictures. He had never seen one from the store, but he did have some other mementos.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tokens are so cool, so many of them and you should be happy. congrats to both of you

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Once you get the pinpointer you will find it is so much easier and your holes will become just divots instead of craters.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your token is in quite nice shape actually. Just needs some cleaning and a lot more detail will pop out. Tell you son he made an excellent first good find!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still haven't found a store token myself, that's a great find!

OP
OP
C

camanddad

Jan 29, 2015
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on this token, I tracked down the store owners grandson, he is in his 60's himself, and am going to give the token to him, just thought it was a cool thing to do.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice token, congrats. The real treasure is dad and son spending time together. Enjoy yourselves. GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread