Time Piece

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I had a break in the weather and a break for lunch so I pulled out that Ol' Bounty Hunter and attacked a lot that has been vacant for several years. Good part was that it was just across the street from my office. Bad part was I had to stay low so my hired men wouldn't spot me slacking off! I had been swingin' about ten minutes and caught a good signal. You know the kind of signal that sends a chill up your back and you just cant help from foaming at the mouth! I fell to my knees and started fanning that dirt like a prairie dog hidin' from a coyote! Then I saw the roundness that always rattles your cage with excitement when you just know, "this is goin;to be good." Out it came,and it wound up being an old pocket watch. I was still pretty stoked about my find until I finally got it cleaned up. I couldn't find a number of any kind to ID it or date it! Dang it i guess it was just an ol' cheapo but I got it fairly clean and I will drawer it with the rest of my treasures! Not much value but it had my heart doing tricks for a little bit. Hope you enjoy the pics,as much as I enjoyed the short little hunt!!The Kid:icon_thumright: photo_1.jpg photo_2.jpg photo_3.jpg photo_4.jpg photo_5.jpg

Upvote 12

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like opening a Christmas gift every time we dig a hole, ain't it. :)

Nice!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only found one pocket watch. It was just junk but I sure was excited when I found it. Have my hopes high to one day maybe find a solid gold one. Congrats on a nice find.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love those pocket watches, wish I had my Grandfathers'

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. I bet that did give a good signal! GL&HH.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! And awesome cleaning job on it! Most times the case is all that's left, yours has innards!

OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find! And awesome cleaning job on it! Most times the case is all that's left, yours has innards!
Thank you! Well this watch was pretty much in tact because the back case and the unreadable dial face were still somewhat protecting it. I did the clean up by soaking the watch in vinegar for 48 hours, then removed most of the rust ,dried it out and used a glass bead blaster,on low pressure to finish it. Sure wish I had a way to ID . I think it was just a little cheap watch and ID will be almost impossible. I was real surprised it cleaned up as well as it did. Thanks for your comments! The Kid!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice watch find; you have to dig...you never know! Good Luck this season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions