Continued from found, then lost....!!!RECOVERED!!!UNBELIEVABLE!!!A 200 year old lady!

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok folks, I recovered my coin that I thought was a 1reale! It was in the floorboard of my truck, underneath the floor mat. Wow! Of all the places. After lightly cleaning, I found it to be an 1805 drapped bust dime! My oldest US silver coin to date. Holy moly! It is bent slightly, and worn, but if you saw where i found it you would be surprised it wasn't worse. I almost fainted! Hope the pics aren't too fuzzy. My iPad flipped the pics. Sorry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 296
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 23

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be searching the rest of that truck!lol
Cool save. Nothing worse than losing a find!

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, way better than a reale, killer Draped Bust silver score! Congrats on making a rare and early find, they only made 120,000 of them!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With some decent and closer pics - that could be banner material - That's a rare find for sure !

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems cars are a great hiding place, nice find! My Uncle once found a gold bar in a trunk of an old car, before he passed he used to buy out old junk yards and scrap out all the cars. I seen the bar and he said it was under the mat in trunk, it was painted black and weighed about 5 pounds!!! don't know what he ever done with it though...?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a nice surprise. Great find bud. We do not often see those early Americam silvers posted

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Wow, draped bust SILVER is rare! Glad you found it...again.

If it's anything like the iphone, when taking a picture, press your finger on the screen where you want it to focus. That should help with the grainy photos. Also, try rotating the ipad 180 degrees, and hopefully they will come up right. If not, there are easy ways to rotate them once on the computer. Looking forward to fresh pics (and maybe we can get this thing on banner too!)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep warning everyone. Those coins we find do not WANT to be found! They do EVERYTHING in their power
to get back into hiding! You HAVE to watch these buggers close!!

WTG!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that which was lost has been found, once feared lost forever and no idea as to where or how...should make it even more valuable or precious to you. it is hard to describe the intense relief of a recovery especially when it is personal. congrats, it is a spectacular find

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome early silver!!!
Funny story, I dropped a large cent under my seat last year..I have to unbolt it to get to it..Dont know what it is..Could be my chain cent im looking for?? Lol
George

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find! I love that type of coin!

OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see it. I remember hearing about a guy a few years ago in Pennsylvania that found TWO chain cents in the SAME YEAR.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on finding the silver once again Bill, and it being your oldest silver yet.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't get many US silver coins older than that one. The mint was only in operation for 13 years at the time your 1805 was stamped out. :thumbsup:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this thread would have more responses if the title had "1805 DRAPED BUST DIME" in it

This is a banner find, Wildwildbill, I agree with testing, I think you need to re-post this with that title and get some kid who can operate your ipad (which is very capable of taking very good closeup pix) and take some focused closeup pix of your great find. Your a great metal detectorous but you need help in the camera work, lol. Not only might it give you a banner find but might also let us see more clearly your awesome dime. Here is a link to your very rare find.
1805 5 Berries JR-1 10C MS Early Dimes | NGC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread