Does anybody else have the frozen ground blues??

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, about over this cold weather. I've been stuck in my house for a straight week now, and I'm ready for some good weather. It's been raining, sleeting, freezing rain, snowing, and just plain cold for seven days. The ground and trees are frozen, and now I'm just waiting to lose power.
Mississippi has the most bipolar weather. It's supposed to be seventy Monday, it's 28 and raining now. Well I found a spot about two days before all this started and I'm aching to get back in it. Found all kinds of stuff. I farm so this is my off season, so metal detecting is about all I do during the winter. Ready for some good weather!!
Well anyway, rant over here's my two day hunt. I think the bullet I found is a spencer, not real sure.

image-1789419701.jpg

image-3644575816.jpg

image-604513459.jpg

image-2417481384.jpg

image-4160822580.jpg

image-1197365025.jpg

Upvote 7

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frozen blues yes, but we have a short ice season. We should have continuous dig-able weather in 2-3 weeks. I can see why folks move from up north down south. I have some relatives in MN that are considering moving because of the weather.

A detectorists needs a warm weather house and a cold weather house and just move each season to where the temperatures are most favorable for breaking ground.

Pig's Eye

Apr 5, 2014
Blues? Yesterday here in Minnesota it was 40 degrees warmer than the day before and it was STILL below freezing. My last day out in December brought 33 coins but had to bust through frost to get to them. You warm states enjoy what you have.

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice old finds!.....Had a foot of snow here in central KY for over a week now. Pouring the Snow again as I am Replying to this.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
"Frozen ground blues".....? Hmmmmm.... yep, little bit......

View attachment 1124440

... from my office chair looking outside. And that was two storms ago. Can only see the tops of the streetlights now.

I hate winter.

What would be ones main reason or primary enticement for living in Nova Scotia?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up this morning and she's minus 30 (-22f).

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We may be complaining here in the North right now, but trust me...I spent 6 months at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, Mississippi and the humidity they experience where the OP lives is 10 times worse than our cold IMHO. It's all a matter of preference. Let's see what the OP is posting in July and August, lol. Probably on " My favorite brand of AC and frosty beverage " subforums, lol. He has it much rougher than we do then!

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would be ones main reason or primary enticement for living in Nova Scotia?

I used to think I knew the answer to that question. The older I get, the more I think I don't.

That said, May and June, and then September and October, are absolutely beautiful here, and almost make up for the lousy weather the rest of the time. Lately we don't get any serious cold or snow until after Christmas but January, February, and March are usually miserable. I'm holding out for more global warming... :laughing7:

atprolen

Jul 25, 2013
Northern michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace350. At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-35 Monday -25 this morning. Hasn't been above 32 since October and 2 feet of snow. Bad thing is I like lake hunting and there's 30 inches of ice. Mite not be out till July ;(((((((. Good luck to the warm weather people. Just keep on t net and look at everyone's finds

OP
OP
Vonclemen29

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanks for making me feel better. That's some rough winter. I guess I'll take my mississippi weather any day over that. Brrr. Coldest temp I've seen in my 31 years is 3 degrees, and that was ridiculous cold. Seems its gonna warm up soon, but rain again Saturday an Monday. Spring is just around the corner

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 degrees is -16C...that's t-shirt weather hahaha.

However, I have been down south, and the humidity in the summer is mind boggling. I feel for you in the summer!

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
I got a new hip last Thursday but I didn't find it. I went to sleep and it found me. I will see what the detector rings in at later. I hope it's a high tone. winter can't last forever it just seems that way. bless you all.

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely have the frozen ground blues. Going crazy!!!

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I sure have them. We have a mixed bag here with snow ,rain,freezing rain and more snow. And maybe 3 days above freezing in a month, and that in the 40's. When that happens, it is like a heat wave. But, it just melts a little then makes more ice come night. Hate it.
I am dreaming of sunshine, daffodils, birds singing, and the smell of honeysuckle. Ahh, come on spring!

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm starting to look like this looking out my window so long for the snow and ice to go away....
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424994879.424091.jpg

Fingerlakes119

Aug 16, 2013
Finger Lakes Region Of NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Profind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have about 3 feet of snow on the ground and the temps here have not broke 32 degrees F the whole month of Feb with more below zero days that I can remember in my life time. I have not detected since Jan 18 2015. I still have about 4-6 more weeks before the ground is thawed.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I last MD'd early December. Not sure how far down the ground is frozen because there's 3-4 feet of snow on top of it, unless you count the snow mountains (made from plowed snow) that are sitting everywhere!
I would detect the snow piles but I lack mountain climbing equipment!

We get above freezing temps with snow then back into the deep freeze (so it solidifies better!)

Blues....I think I've sunk into the midnight blue or purple zone by now!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring can be rough up here too. The frost line is 4 feet deep, so even when the snow is gone and dead grass is visible and the sun is shining it can take a couple of weeks for the ground to thaw. It's very aggravating lol

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mwahaha warmed up from -30 to 0 in the last 24 hours, things are supposed to be in the +'s from now on. It's only a matter of weeks now!!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel your pain. 28 feels balmy to me when compared to the last month. Today a heat wave at 36 forecasted. Warm weather is coming north next week, and by warm I mean an entire week with highs between 35-45!!!!! I figure the snow/ice should be melted by next Wednesday and grass should be exposed. After that it's just a matter of thawing 6-8" of ground. Small steps Lol.
I'm quoting myself from last week after reading a bunch of poor forecasts. Currently after a snow storm we now have 12-24" of base by me, and no melt. My brother in Boston told me their park benches are below grade so I don't feel too bad for myself. As for this week things are looking wormer everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread