Does anybody else have the frozen ground blues??

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, about over this cold weather. I've been stuck in my house for a straight week now, and I'm ready for some good weather. It's been raining, sleeting, freezing rain, snowing, and just plain cold for seven days. The ground and trees are frozen, and now I'm just waiting to lose power.
Mississippi has the most bipolar weather. It's supposed to be seventy Monday, it's 28 and raining now. Well I found a spot about two days before all this started and I'm aching to get back in it. Found all kinds of stuff. I farm so this is my off season, so metal detecting is about all I do during the winter. Ready for some good weather!!
Well anyway, rant over here's my two day hunt. I think the bullet I found is a spencer, not real sure.

image-1789419701.jpg

image-3644575816.jpg

image-604513459.jpg

image-2417481384.jpg

image-4160822580.jpg

image-1197365025.jpg

Upvote 7

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
28 degrees and rain? I would be jumping for joy lol! Haven't been able to dig since early November. Nice finds, what's the little oval thing in the bottom left of the pic?

OP
OP
Vonclemen29

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, that sux. It's some kind of button, nothing on the front and the back stud is broke off. Yea this rain is freezing as soon as it lands, had to pour water on the car to open the doors this morning to take my daughter to school, was frozen shut. Rare this time of the year in mississippi

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had -16 this morning here is Pa... New record low for my area too... Im definitely ready for spring, for many many reasons...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Must be a heck of a site , some nice finds you got there. vazutphen

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A very interesting collections of finds! Thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
Vonclemen29

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all, it is a heck of a site. I just know it'll pay off eventually. It's literally around ten acres of stuff spread all over in some woods. I haven't found anything to tell me it's not old. No tin, no tops, just iron and brass. So, after this junky weather is over I'm headed that way

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: going nuts there...by the looks outside with the current storm coming...I'll be detecting in July :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel your pain. 28 feels balmy to me when compared to the last month. Today a heat wave at 36 forecasted. Warm weather is coming north next week, and by warm I mean an entire week with highs between 35-45!!!!! I figure the snow/ice should be melted by next Wednesday and grass should be exposed. After that it's just a matter of thawing 6-8" of ground.

Small steps

Lol.

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Frozen ground blues".....? Hmmmmm.... yep, little bit......

Snow drifts 003.jpg

... from my office chair looking outside. And that was two storms ago. Can only see the tops of the streetlights now.

I hate winter.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frozen ground blues ..... yup I would say so its been below zero here at sunrise 18 of the last 25 days . I couldn't dig in the ground right now without a excavator and some C4 . I expect to be Mding again when the snow melts and ground thaws somewhere around the 17th of july . That is if we get lucky ,if not I might not be able until the 7th of august and it will start snowing again by sept 21 so I get like 6 weeks this year.... I better dig fast .

OP
OP
Vonclemen29

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.... Y'all make me feel lucky. I couldn't handle all that. It'll be thawed here next week probably, it's been rough here this year but when we have it rough, y'all got it worse. Wish y'all well, and stay warm

OP
OP
Vonclemen29

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it was supposed to be snowing today, this is what we're gettin here

image-4037804203.jpg

image-2067557621.jpg

image-4222922324.jpg

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thawed out in some spots and frozen in others. Now snow is coming in to ruin my day auuuh

OP
OP
Vonclemen29

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea that's how it is here. Just two miles from here it's winter wonderland. Here jus wet an nasty

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've been a bit chomping at the bit. Although I have a tough winter here, I know it's not as bad as some others. Still, it's not a contest.

Anyway, I've put the time to good use. I've come up with a few mods on my ATP. Can't wait to see if they work. ;)

Funny thing though, the batteries only last about 10 minutes now. :dontknow:

You have a fine display there! Some nice saves! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still to much damn snow on the ground here in MI to do anything. Patiently, and still waiting since November.... All this time being inside this winter has done nothing but pour fuel on my fire for this year! Come on Spring!!!!

Sluice

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Single digits a lot here in my part of PA. Today was the first day in awhile that some of the old snow started melting. I started running this winter to get in shape. I've since had to give that a break because of this harsh weather. Man I can't wait until I can go dig some nice warm dirt. Soon... But on a good note, I've lost 31 lbs already!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From all the mountainous piles of snow here I figure I'll still be able to make a snowball in August...I just hope the ground THAWS BEFORE THEN!!!!! AUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! ........sorry lost it there for a minute.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread