Tesoro Tejons First Hunt Brings Home More Silver!!!

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Tejon's First Hunt Brings Home More Silver!!!

As I posted earlier today from the park, I took my Tesoro Tejon on it's first hunt. I was down there for three hours and played around with my machine for about an hour before I started hunting. Had No problems Ground Balancing and at the end I setup the machine as follows:

Disc One On the mark between Foil and 5¢

Disc Two a hair before the mark between Tabs and Scap

By this everything before the 5¢ was discriminated. Might loose small gold like earrings but beats digging all the foil at the park. When getting a signal, I would check it from another angle, if signal was still strong I would trigger second disc and sweep the coil fast, if signal chartered I felt confident it was either a tab or aluminum slaw. If after sweeping the coil fast and there was No chatter just silent it was more than likely a nickel. If the signal remained strong with second disc, it was a coin, large peice of aluminum can, a large peice of iron, or Silver. By this settings 10k Gold Rings are not discriminated, tried this with my wedding band....Lol.

This settings seemed they worked for me. Found $2.93 in change, a Silver plated Heart Charm, a silver plated dog tag with some kind of faded picture, and BOOM!!! A SILVER CHAIN WITH A HEART PENDANT!!!

Please let me know if I'm correct with those settings. Didn't dig any foil, just a bit of aluminum slaw and a couple of tabs just to confirm my belief when signal chattered on second disc. Any tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

ForumRunner_20150226_202908.png

ForumRunner_20150226_202933.png

ForumRunner_20150226_202950.png

ForumRunner_20150226_203005.png

ForumRunner_20150226_203020.png

Upvote 4

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Quite a silver haul! sounds like you've found the settings that work for you!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Haul, MisterChivo, looking forward to seeing more of your finds. Oro y Plata! Sub 8-)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Remember, anything you pull out of the earth - are great finds. Thanks for sharing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread