Hooked

D

DiddleySquat

Last weekend was my first time to go digging. I took a couple of friends to my families farm where they used to sell apples when I was growing up. The 2 of them did pretty well and I found mostly junk. I found 1 silver dime and a few pennies and that was it for me. I knew after that I needed a ton of practice.
Saturday afternoon I had a few hours to kill so I went to my next door neighbor's house to look around. I found 8 pennies (no Wheaties), 4 quarters (none silver), then I found a 1944 Half Dollar!! My heart about jumped out of my chest. The only thing left to say is...I'm Hooked!!!!!

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you are hooked. No use even trying to turn back now, LOL!!!...You hit a BIG SILVER!!!...Congratulations on the silver half. :) :) :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum. It's a great place to be!

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet Didley, you'll like it here. Man, big silver, I'd be hooked on that as well. What got me hooked was my first dog tag (animal type).

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Diddley. Yep, you're hooked now! Congrats on the silver.

;) HH
RR

luckysgirl

Jul 26, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congrats on that silver half !!
I cant wait to find one....thanks for the apple orchard trip!
We had a great time !!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
WTG!

Attachments

• thumbs up.JPG
    thumbs up.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 402
  • thumbs up.JPG
    thumbs up.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 388

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it a powerful addiction thats for sure ---digging in the dirt gets in your blood---soon you will be craving even "more" powerfulmetal detectors and digging tools---there is no cure but digging dirt-- lots of dirt helps for a time----you'll be craving the "good stuff" in no time --funny thing actually finding it only seems to make these cravings worse.---and not finding the "good stuff" like old silver and relics causes a bad form of "jonesing"--- oddly however the "shakes" seem to be left to right---its sort of a "swinging" motion----enjoy ---Ivan

K-Man

Apr 12, 2007
marinette, wi
nice finds....what got me hooked was looking at everyones finds then i want to get one and go out and today i hit wansnt anything good just common hunting bullets but i was hooked when i found this site

drustino

Mar 11, 2005
I hear ya, you can't beat this hobby. I can't wait to retire so I can spend more time detecting & researching. Good luck !!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Hooked...let me see, used to hunt, to fish, to to dance....now I hunt for sites, fish for coins and do a chicken dance when I find silver. My guns are at my dads house, my fishing poles were given to nephews and great nephews and still sure I can't dance for @%$*!! I was hooked before I found my first silver coin, but my first silver(1942 Walking half) secured it!! Used to hunt Camp LeJuene in North Carolina and a ton of silver there for me and so much more still begs to be dug up. Congrats on your silver half and hope you find many more silver coins as well!!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seems it gets in your blood fast ! and when you find a great find like you have that secures it, yep we are all hooked ;) congrats on your find

OP
OP
D

DiddleySquat

Thank s for all the positive feedback...this is going to be a frustrating yet wonderful adventure...I can't wait until my next big find. Thanks again for all the comments. I guess the next investment will be a digital camera so I can share my finds better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions