metal detecting at the river, todays finds.

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detecting at the river, today's finds.

Hello everyone.

I hope your all well and getting plenty of metal detecting time? Today I went down to one of my favorite old detecting areas, the River Humber. To be precise the area I detected was Hessle Foreshore directly under the Humber Bridge, England, UK.

I was using my Teknetics Eurotek pro with my usual settings, sensitivity 8, discrimination 0 and volume 10 iron audio on. I also had my new Garrett pro-pointer to hand (great bit of kit!)

From the off I had plenty of signals to go at. There is a lot of big iron and deep iron which tends to fool the Eurotek so you have to try very hard to distinguish what is a good signal and what is a not so good signal but I'm getting the hang of it now.

I made plenty of finds today the vast majority of which were modern coins, which to be honest I expected after detecting this area plenty of times before. I was ever optimistic that I may find a gold or silver ring because I have found many in this location before but it was just not meant to be.

In the end I managed to get covered in sticky Humber gloopy mud and got a good pocketful of coins.

As per I have recorded the find on video and you can check it out by clicking the link below. I have also made a small intro to my videos which plays at the start, I'm useless with computers so please forgive me if you think its crap haha

Happy hunting all
Andy

Upvote 0

Check-6

Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the report and video. This is, to me, the essense of the hobby. Just going out and hunting :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread