VID FIXED?? U.S. Buckle w/leather, frag, half-full cartridge box, Battlefield Burial?

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 14

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice video. And you obviously had a great day detecting. Thanks for sharing.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the video and the ride along in your excitement....would have made anybodies day for sure.:occasion14:

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Still looking for my 1st buckle. I love hunting in Va!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Video PW!! Congrats on a hunt to always remember. i bet the soil is high in minerals there. Congrats, Q.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
UNREAL,UNREAL, JUST UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Man I hope one day to pull something out the ground like that must be a dang good site to hunt ,the buckle with the leather after being in the ground and survive all those years is pretty neat.I should have known it would be parsonwalker and between you and Cross Pontent you two gonna cause me to have a heartafact I mean Relic attack dang a Heart Attack.. Nice finds..vanzutphen

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go PW! Gotta love Ol' Virginia! Thanks for sharing this. Amazing.

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your video is so well done and enjoyable to watch. Did you notice your second hole was in the shape of a heart?
Question... At 12 to 18 inches down, did you find something closer to the top that lead you further down? Fairly new at this so I'm just wondering how you were able to detect do deep.

I might have to leave DC and head over to Virginia. Look forward to seeing more videos from you!!!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dream Find ! that relic is on many must dig before I croak lists.
Enjoyed your video of those exciting finds ,

Well Done rooster 8-)

snow movin' dawg buried in NE

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Enjoyed the video, great recoveries. Are there huts around there? Seemed kind of deep for a drop. Looks like more exploration is warranted.

OP
OP
parsonwalker

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your video is so well done and enjoyable to watch. Did you notice your second hole was in the shape of a heart?
Question... At 12 to 18 inches down, did you find something closer to the top that lead you further down? Fairly new at this so I'm just wondering how you were able to detect do deep.

I might have to leave DC and head over to Virginia. Look forward to seeing more videos from you!!!

First, thanks everybody for the very kind comments. If you liked the video, you can find a couple more in my "Started Threads" list. One is titled "Sparse Battlefield Hunt (Until I found my first buckle!)" The other is "A DIFFERENT kind of Relic Video." Now, Quindy - As for the mineralized ground: I honestly don't know because I've never hunted "bad" ground before. I hear it's tough up around Culpepper. I will say this: I had never seen this much red clay before this hunt. The Tesoro was a little jumpy, so maybe you've just explained the reason to me. Sutphin - Sorry about the Cardiac trouble I caused you. ME TOO! DIAMOND DAWG - That was the thrill of a lifetime, for sure. Don't expect many more days like that . . . Metalev4 - I believe this was a battlefield burial, later dug up and moved as was common. No human remains, but concentrated items so, your guess is as good as mine. No huts. Now DCMETAL - Yes, you are correct. The buckle was lying flat, so it gave off a much better signal than if it was on edge. I found the buckle first, between 18-20". It was very feint at that depth, but sounded worth digging. The Tesoro Tejon is just a DEEP machine when it is ground balanced correctly. I had no other signals, but After the buckle, I just had a "feeling" so I widened the hole. That's when I started hearing the frag, and then more widening. Then the buck & balls. More widening. Then the cartridge box. I included a final "after cleaning" picture, and I did NOT notice the heart shaped hole until I watched the video!

DSCN0532.JPG

jhumbert40

Sep 13, 2012
Bayville New Jersey
Detector(s) used
whites m-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.................Nice find....I hope to one day make a discovery like that...All in time for sure....Again great finds...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jpro

Jun 23, 2013
Nashville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always a great feeling when you dig a plate.!!!!
Congratulations
Post it again after you clean it up a little

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread